Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wet Sounds REV 8's

Wake23LSV

Is there any reason I shouldn't mount my new REV 8's with the new swivel brackets directly onto the tube portion of the G3 tower? I don't want to buy the brackets if I don't have to and it actually looks like they will tuck up and back a little better, but not sure. Boat is in the shop and haven't held them up to the tower yet to take a look. What do you think?

Edited by Wake23LSV

I think it comes down to preference...for me I didn’t like the them mounted to the tower bar, so I went with the WS shelf. IMO it look like a better fit on the G3.

One thought is to go down to the shop that doing the install and have them hold them in each location and make your decsion.

I'm doing the install, but that's a good idea. I would like to see a picture of what the shelf looks like. I didn't want to have them stick out like the factory speaker shelves if that's what you're talking about, just because it seems they are in a head splitting location. I see there are some brackets that appear to mount flat to the tower with a wire channel, but I haven't seen how those bolt up exactly. I was hoping to save that extra $150 :-)

P.S. I think I posted this twice, but just realized it probably moved here instead of the general boating section. I'm an idiot...