Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Inactive Fault Code

I am getting the following Inactive Fault code according to the Maliview:

SPN 3050 FMI 11 (Catalyst Inactive (Bank 1))

Has anybody dealt with this?

Since it is now inactive and nothing is stored in active codes does that mean it is no longer a problem?

Is there anyway to clear the codes like on a OBDII car or does the dealer have to do it?

Thanks for any input

I am getting the following Inactive Fault code according to the Maliview:

SPN 3050 FMI 11 (Catalyst Inactive (Bank 1))

Since it is now inactive and nothing is stored in active codes does that mean it is no longer a problem?

Is there anyway to clear the codes like on a OBDII car or does the dealer have to do it?

That's correct. Not currently an issue and a dealer would need to clear it if you want it gone.

Peter

• 11 months later...

Wakesetter09, did this ever pop back up on you or did you get the code cleared?

This popped up for the first time tonight on our 09VLX. Was going to call the dealer tomorrow.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone ever find out what causes this? Boat runs fine accept this code. I have had this for the last two summers and it comes and goes. It eventually cleared from the inactive codes last summer but now it has started back. 2009 Hammerhead engine with around 550 hours. 

Any help is appreciated. 

• 11 months later...

Still have this every now and then.  I try to go to the lake every weekend and will go may go a month without the code.  The code disappears from the inactive codes every now and then then comes back. Seems like if i take to the dealer may be a while before they ever see the code. I just wondered if anyone has had this code and the dealer found an issue.