Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011 VTX No Sound!

2011vtxny

I had a second battery, perko and Wetsounds amp professionally installed at the beginning of the season.

Everything worked up until today. My head unit turns on, as does the amp. I've checked all fuses and everything works.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

The head unit shows my iPod playing and I've tested it with the FM radio selection to see if I can even get static. Nothing.

I've alreay had the MalView Touchpad replaced and the Fuel pump. This boat has 16 hours on it....I'm inclined to think that the black box from the factory may have crapped the bed..

Thanks.

Mike

is it RCA's from bbox to the amp? another set of outputs you could try?

Ditto, it appears that your not getting signal from the RCA cables. I would start at one end of the RCA cable and follow it and check each connection.

Let us know what you find.

You can circumvent the source unit by plugging the ipod directly into an amplifier input.

Or, you can unplug the amplifier RCA input and peg the input gain. You should at least hear some hiss with no source with your ear up to a coaxial.

David

Thanks for all the advice.

To answer a few questions I have the stock Rock. Fosgate headunit and transom remote.

After my initial install I would set my Perko to the "1" setting and it would link up one battery for the stero and one for the starter (or at least that was my understanding).

I had to bring my boat in 2 weeks ago for a fuel pump install and I'm now assuming they did not replace the wires to the battery correctly because the stereo only works when set to the "Combine Batteries" setting.

I need to take a closer look to see what they may have done but at least I have sound and it's not another factory failure!!