Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter power wedge lost screws

Pirate planks

Hello,

We have a new 2012 Wakesetter with the power wedge. We realized it wasn't coming all the way up and when we pulled it we saw that we were only left with 2 of the 6 screws that hold the hydraulics to the transom. Since we are far away from the dealer we are trying to do this ourselves. Does anyone know the assembly of it? Is it bolt on top and locking washer on bottom? Or what is the suggested assembly? Also, we are running the boat in salt water.

Thanks in advance!

Pirate- sorry to hear about your troubles. lots of examples on here of how seemingly no brainer fail-safes are ignored and this type of stuff pops up on these otherwise great boats. industry standards ignored. my reccomendation would be to redo it with what we all know is right in that application. forget lock washers, locktite and star washers.

BOLT--->Washer--- Washer---->LOCKNUT. Stainless steel. end of story.

My dash and steering wheel both nearly fell out due to similiar shortcuts. Hopefully this is the 1st and last quality fail for you.

i was told not to use stainless steel nuts especially in saltwater on the wedge. Reason is you will get stainless steel galling and will never get them off. Essentially the metals will fuse together.

Use the brass ones. I change all my wedge bolts every 3rd summer.

I am guessing if you have a 2012 you have the sacrificial anodes on the transom.