Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rev 8's!

Wake23LSV

Just picked up some new Wet Sounds Rev 8's and had a question. Any reason I shouldn't mount them directly on the tube part of the G3 Tower since they have the swivel brackets now??

I'd call wetsounds to ensure the clamps are big enough.... i imagine you are considering mouting them on the inside of the side tower arms... or overhead tower bars? 3" if I am correct?

most folks prefer the tucked in look of the G3 Tower brackets... on the highest notches if possible... it really gets them up and out of the way, you will never hit your head on them. you save a couple inches and achive a tighter look with the G3 bracket vs clamp swivels.

very limited reasons to have swivel HLCD's on a wakeboat.... if you are the party cove center piece blasting out, or you just wanna be super loud in various directions. 90% of folks only want loud music like that to the rear only, for watersports and behind the boat in a cove of while floating.

one guy on my lake has 2 pair of Rev 10s, 1 pair fixed and the other on swivel. when he blasts out party cove he swivels the 2nd pair out to spread out the sound. if you arent looking to do something like that, go with the G3 bracket.

I mounted mine in the corner on the black powder coated portion of the tower. WS makes brackets that conceal the wirning and IMO it is a much better setup with minimal risk of head bumping.

The corners are such a better solution that using the cross bar.

I just want to fix them to the side portion of the tower tube, really just a little up and back (forward) from where the standard shelves would mount. I was hoping to save the extra $150 for the little brackets and went with the swivels only to position them properly facing rearward. I'll try it and post a pic if I think it's a go so you can see what I'm talking about. Thanks for the input.

FYI, I know a guy that has the Wetsounds 6x9's in the corners of his G3 and the passengers get blasted out when trying to crank the volume for a wakeboarder. He carries a box of ear plugs :crazy: Anyone else experience this?

You have HLCD's above you head and we are putting some serious power to them....people in the boat are going to get blasted.

It has nothing to do with brand....it has more to do with the nature of the speaker and the limitations that every tower.

Edited by Murphy8166

I had switches on my last boat for the amp remote wires to turn off tower or cabin amps separately to keep from having that problem. Easy and cheap and makes pulling boarders with their choice of tunes a lot easier on the observers :-)

I just figured out why I don't want to mount them up with the swivel brackets... You'll see the brackets!! I ordered the G3 mounting kit last night. Damn me!!

Lol if you think turning your cabin amp down or off will result in your passengers not getting blasted...

Ya I know. We'll just pile everyone up in the bow ;-)