Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response LXI storage plug

In the main floor storage compartment. There is a plug. When I unscrew the plug, water seeps into the compartment. Where is this water coming from. It looks like it is lower than the floor in the engine compartment so I dont think its coming from there. Can I leave this open at all time? I leave some kid's wood skis in this compartment and water gets into the compartment because the plug does not seal. So I would possibly like to keep this plug open so i can draine it when I use the boat.

Lake boy, my 2005 RLXi has no plug in the ski locker, just an open hole per the picture below. Its on the same level as the engine compartment bilge. The water you are getting in there is residual bilge water. When stationary, the lowest part of your hull is typically forward of the partition below the floor at the front of your engine compartment. So, you may not see any water in your engine bay but there may be water forward of that including in your ski locker.

Personally, I would prefer to have the plug and keep water out of the ski locker. If I was you, I would look at making sure the plug seals properly. Might be different if you are frequently putting wet gear in there.

Hope this helped.

Stephen.

2005RLXiskilockerdrain.jpg

• 2 months later...

I too have water in my storage compartment. There is a plug, what is that for? I've had water before and it seemed to drain, not now. Can I drill a hole to bilge area? Is that the best solution. Again I believe it drained before, but I can't find any drain holes.