Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HU with round remotes - whose is best?

ilovetrains

I want to upgrade my current Clarion M455 with two round LCD remotes to something that fully supports digital music, ie ipod and SD cards etc, streaming radio etc.

I have found that we pretty much only listen to the ipod, but the inability to actually control the ipod through the remotes is driving me nuts.

The newer Clarion HU do not work with the older remotes, so I have to replace the entire system, therefore looking at other brands.

Who else makes remotes that will fit in the same hole? whose are best?

looks like they went to a RF system and discontinued the 10. some complaints on the speed of the RF system, no surprise there. Why do manufacturers take something good and mess it up?

The MC20 is the same...

The RUE-M1RF is awesome. You can be hanging out off the swim platform and change the song, turn up the volume or change it to XM. We used it all the time. Best part about it, it's waterproof and RF. We hooked a floaty to it and clip it to someone's wrist or the D ring on the back of the boat.