Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RPM limiter

smooth as glass

I know the rpm limiter kicks in if you overheat or you're not getting water flow from intake but will it limit rpms if temp is too cold. I think it was just a stuck T stat, but would like confirmation. Anybody know.?

Man,

For some reason the "enriched mode" is on all the time on my boat.

I burn gas like there's no tomorrow. Come to think of it, my Ford V-10 is stuck in that mode too.

Man,

I burn gas like there's no tomorrow. Come to think of it, my Ford V-10 is stuck in that mode too.

:lol: That's just your heavy foot, Pete. :lol:

Man,

:lol: That's just your heavy foot, Pete. :lol:

no its just karma coming back to bite him in the a**for buying a ford :lol:

rts Posted Yesterday, 11:14 AM

The Monsoons (which I'm assuming you have) have a phased warm up built in the ECM. Below 139* it will only allow 4200 RPM, below 103* it will only allow 3000RPM

I didn't know that. I guess by the time I park the tow rig and my wife idles back in to pick me up, the boat is always up to temperature.

Yours may not, as there is nothing listed in the 2003-Present Operators manual online from Indmar. The phased warm up is noted in the 1994-2002 Operators Manual.

I don't know why they would do away with the phased warm up, if they did...

Monsoon for sure. Thats interesting but even after a normal warm up time and some time after that she was still running cold. So I'm assuming the tstat was stuck. Is that what would happen? or was something else going on. Thanks for the thoughts.