Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tstat

Well replaced the impeller, checked the trans cooler and hoses for debries, anything else I should try before replacing the t-stat? The boat will not hold a constant temp, last year it was rock solid on 160, this year it's all over the place 150 to 205. Does not look like a huge deal to change the t- stat, any tips on changing it?

Make sure you get the gasket with it. Mine was leaky since I just RTV'd it (apparently poorly) and wouldn't get up to operating temp until it was well sealed again. Should be an easy swap overall.

I had the same issue. New impeller, tstat, and all clean hoses. Turned out my main water pump was shot. It's a fairly easy swap, and worked for me.

Picked up a new t-stat and gasket (hopefully the right one), will swap it out this weekend, hopefully that works as warranty from my 'local' dealer is pretty much impossible.