Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finially Nailed it!

Levi900RR

This is my first one, I landed 2 more. Seems like once I got the feel for it they started to seem so much slower and more controled! I can't describe how pumped I am! :rockon:

PS, Go Pro on the end of a 12' Painters poll

• Like 1

Nice!! What could you throw before you moved on to a backroll? Trying to decide if im ready to try a backroll. I bet it feels amazing the first time you land it

martinarcher

Nice dude! Congrats! You beat me to it. I've been so close for so long and have been concentrating on the ski too much lately. :lol: That darn skinny stick is addicting.

BTW: You made it look easy!

Nice job, you've given me inspiration. I have a 94 Echelon with fats sacs in the back, nothing up front and I cna do 180's but only clear the wake 1 or 2 times in every 10 attempts. I was thinking it's the boat but you've just proved it's me. Oh well!

Congrats man! Every time I think I want to add a new trick to my regimen I get scared away. Two days ago my buddy folded his shin in half on a botched scarecrow. Broke both bones, had to have it surgically repaired. Seeing that has made me yet again forego anything new this summer. Oh well, maybe next year.

I've been trying the backroll for the past couple weekends, but keep on landing switch or sideways and washing out. What's the trick? Any pointers that made you get it any faster? Oh and congrats on adding that trick to your bag!

Ha! Congrats Levi!

We had a guy this weekend behind the boat. He was already nailing an air back roll on one side. With a little coaching we had him stick an air back roll on the opposite side, then wake back rolls going both directions. It was crazy how well he listened & picked it all up!

Thanks Bill!

BCF, the only thing I can think of is I really hit it hard! :crazy: That and concentrate on keeping your elbows in and the handle at your hip. You really have to commit.

Just started working on my backroll. slow one wake to start. so far I am landing softly on my butt but getting closer. I already own the tantrum. if I get a tantrum, backroll and w2w 360 with both knees intact I will be happy. At 51 I just take it slow.

Edited by windy1

DUDE!!! Nice job!

Which is easier, the front or back roll? I've been doing the front roll, soooo close to sticking the landing but barely not there yet. I am worried on the backroll that I will under-rotate and WHAM.

Tru-dat on the toeside, both for tricks and W2W.

Looks like you know what you're doing by the looks of that video! How long is your rope because you say your go pro is on a 12' painters pole and yet you still look pretty far out there..

DUDE!!! Nice job!

Which is easier, the front or back roll? I've been doing the front roll, soooo close to sticking the landing but barely not there yet. I am worried on the backroll that I will under-rotate and WHAM.

Tru-dat on the toeside, both for tricks and W2W.

Each person is different. But usually the backroll is the easiest, as you use the momentum of the wake and cut for your rotation. A few years ago I was able to do backrolls (but started skiing lately instead of boarding). I learned how to hit double ups until I was very comfortable. Then I started trying backrolls off the double up. When hit correctly there was a lot more ramp to kick you, and you had a lot more time in the air to rotate. It really hurt when you timed the double up wrong. It was like learning a gainer in a pool it is a lot easier to learn off the high dive (more time to rorate), but a lot scarier. Once I learned it off the double up you learn body position and handle position. Handle position is very important to speed up or slow down your rotation.