Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Who's watching the Red Bull Wake Open?

Tyger

Waiting, waiting, waiting until the big unveil. Cool show, though.

I'm trying to see if the tow boats are 2013's, but I don't know enough about the MXZ to tell. That would take some stones to put a brand new boat out as a towboat on the largest wake event ever.

Edited by Tyger

Whoop! The video they released yesterday just played with the surfgatewave.com tag at the end. Nothing new, but it's awesome and amazing to see Malibu ads on national television. Hopefully later into the show they will have a live segment and show off the technology.

see daniel grant's toe back 3 stale grab to rewind 5? cable or not he was robbed on his score, that was sick!! Way more tech than a double cab roll or 10...

• Like 2

I was shocked to find wakeboarding on a natl. network as I channel surfed today!!!! Good for the sport. Really good to see a Bu comercial to boot.

see daniel grant's toe back 3 stale grab to rewind 5? cable or not he was robbed on his score, that was sick!! Way more tech than a double cab roll or 10...

:plus1:

That was awesome! It was poked out too before the rewind 540. Very stylish!! He should have scored higher.

Waiting, waiting, waiting until the big unveil. Cool show, though.

I'm trying to see if the tow boats are 2013's, but I don't know enough about the MXZ to tell. That would take some stones to put a brand new boat out as a towboat on the largest wake event ever.

Looks like the red/black MXZ is equipped with the surfgate. Watch closely at the end of the broadcast when they are interviewing Raphael Derome. When they show a slow-mo, the MXZ is in the background and it looks like there is a red surfgate next to the swim platform.

:plus1:

That was awesome! It was poked out too before the rewind 540. Very stylish!! He should have scored higher.

Looks like the red/black MXZ is equipped with the surfgate. Watch closely at the end of the broadcast when they are interviewing Raphael Derome. When they show a slow-mo, the MXZ is in the background and it looks like there is a red surfgate next to the swim platform.

I definitely noticed that too. The red and black one had the surf gate on it. Wish they did more to show what it can do at the event!

It was cool, but I must say I was a little disappointed. Too many commercials, not enough coverage of the boat event, and the big air event was kinda weak. I guess for Redbull, the cable park better suits their style of show. What they should have done was to have one event behind the boat (MXZ), one event using the boat and all the ramps from the park together, no cable. And one Wakesurf event using the new Surfgate, with info on this breakthrough technology. Then throw in some foilers towed by ultralights jumping through flaming hoops with some bikini clad girls cheering them on. Now that would have been way better, don't you think? :clap:

Oh yeah, the Canadians rocked. :rockon:

When you have Parks in the booth saying "No one's even thought of trying that--not even in their head!" You know it's ridiculous. I think the judges had no idea what they even saw, plus 1080 was the trick up until now. They were dumbfounded and blew the score bad.

Also, those MXZs were weighted HEAVY. Curious how much was in them. Big tricks thrown behind something other than a G or Star......