Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mellowing down wake for slalom skiers

CElliott00

My dad is an old school slalom skier and he heard that there is a way to flatten out the wake in our WS 23 LSV to make it more conducive for skiing. Have any of you done this? I would appreciate any feedback that y'all have...

I have a 2006 21 LSV. This is prior to the new floating wedge.

This works for me.

By taking off the wedge and adding the Scarpa barefoot wake plate, the wake becomes much better for slalom skiing, close to tournament and not too bad for riding.

Second a little bow weight. We have the diamond hull and I find the wake very skiable especially 32+. You can also try playing with the line length as the roster tail is the worst part of the wake.

Reduce the overall weight in your boat as much as possible. Take out the items you don't need for Dads run. Fuel weighs a lot too. Keep your tank level low, and leave some people on the dock if possible for the run.

i try t go out with less than 1/2 tank of fuel, most of the junk on the dock, and just driver, observer and then a third person all the way to the front. The goal is to minimize the weight of the boat, and to put as much of the weight that is in the boat up to the front.

Meet a neighbor that has a smaller boat :).

I wakeboard behind a friends 21' LSVs, I've seen the wake at 36 mph w/four people, and no ballast...I would not want to ski behind it. His old man has skied behind it, the wake may look small, but its very crisp.