Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Idle Problem

The odd time I put the shifter back into neutral, the RPM,s stay at or over 1000. I pull the silver button out and give her a shot of throttle and it goes back down to 600 or so. Has anyone experienced this problem. It seems to be getting more frequent. I have a 2006 23lsv with the hammer head.

Thanks.

my 04 23 LSV has been doing the exact same thing. It seems to be fine if I cut the throttle quickly but if I very gradually back off it right down to idle then click it into neutral it does it more often then not. I'm thinking it's probably a sticking IAC (idle air control) valve.

My EFI Sunsetter is doing the same thing as well. If I turn the boat off and restart it the idle goes back to normal. I suspect it's the AIC as well. I'm thinking of spraying some carb cleaner or MAF cleaner in the intake to see if it will clean the AIC.

Where is the air idle control. Can I see it if I take off the filter or the intake manifold. I wounder if my problem could be throttle position sensors??

• 10 months later...

Any luck here? Mine has been doing this forever and I'm tired of it. I'm not sure if its an issue with the throttle control assembly, throttle cable or like listed above the air idle control. I have an 06 VLX with a fly-by-wire system.

Help greatly appreciated here!

I have the same situation and it's getting worse. It doesn't always stay above 1k and returns to ~600 after turning the engine off and back on.

Only seems to occur after the engine has been warmed up. I may be mistaken but I don't think the '07 has an IAC.

Any suggestions on what to check?

Prob the iac valve. It's attached to the throttle body. two bolts...easy fix. Match to the automotive counterpart to save half the price.

Lots online about this if you google it. My boat runs great now!

Woodshed