Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weighting a 2003 23 LSV

K2rider

I have a 2003 Wakesetter 23 LSV with the V25 diamond hull under it and I was just wondering if any of you guys had a good way to weight it down to get a good poppy lip off the wake? Right now I'm running the factory ballast then twin 350 in the lockers and a 44o in the center walk through and the wake still doesn't seem "that" big more just launch style wake. I only say "that" because I've been riding behind both of my buddy's 2012 Wakestter VLX and another buddy's 2004 Wakesetter VLX with the factory ballast, 800 of lead and then 540 sack and they are both wayy bigger with a wicked lips on them that just pops you up. I was just wondering if there was a way to get the 23 to produce the same wake with more weight or a different arrangement of the ballast that I have in the boat? Or if that's just what the diamond hull will produce? Thanks in advance.

To make the wake "lipper" try moving the 440 to the back seat or just in front of the back seat. That will move your center of gravety back and make the wake mor lippy. If you are stuck on the 440 in the walkthrough then get some 750's for the rear lockers.

The shape of the wake is all a function of the location of the weight. Take some people (dynamic ballast) out for a quick ride and without any ballast or wedge move the people around while crusing around 18-20 mph while watching the wake. This will give you a good idea of what moving the weight will do.

Have fun in the process.