Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any over the top bimini pics for Titan 1?

parkcityxj

After a lot of contemplating, I think I want an over the tower trampoline bimini for my SSLx. I know I'll lose some shade, but I'm 6'3". I've lost my old crew of riders that knew boat duties, such as bringing in the rope, messing w/fat sacs, bringing in boards, etc. Most of people we take out really don't get what's goin on. I'm always getting getting up from the drivers seat, my wife is ok at most duties but most of the time it's just easier for me to get it done fast.

In addition to my height, a buddy of mine has a new Supra I go out on quite a bit and I actually feel clausterphobic with his giant low cargo rack. I hate ducking to move around.

So I think I'm stuck w/the only option of getting an over the tower top. I have a some friends that are good welders who could whip me up a frame for a few beers. Sunbrella fabric and clamps are cheap on ebay. I'd have a canvas shop cut/sew the fabric. I'd make it a cargo as well to hold surf boards on top. The $800+ towerbimini.com one is out of the question due to budget.

I'm envsioning either a traditional trampoline style with rivits/rope or doing something that the fabric can comeoff easily, like the Big Air tower bimini.

So- Any pics of an over the tower on a Titan 1?

Edited by parkcityxj

That looks pretty sweet! I've searched all over for pics of an over tower top on the Titan and haven't found anything. Here's another image I found on a tower that's kind of similiar to a Titan. The top is made by a company local to me, but again it's $1,000 plus top.

Any reccomended places for cheap bimini parts?

208977_10150965343379223_1453304200_n.jpg

Edited by parkcityxj

I have already bought the parts listed above from StarOneWake.com..... the original manufacturer of the Titan towers. I think I'm into them for around $300. You could use the parts from the old bimini but I'd like to end up with a complete bimini to sell to deplete my expense.

There are numerous companies selling tower components on Ebay too.

The tower you listed there is a Titan III. When Malibu bought Titan out, they kept the design to that tower. And StarOne kept the Titan I & II. Malibu makes a bimini for the Titan III already. I know a couple of guys who have it & love it.

I found some more pics on a boat that's for sale locally. The colors aren't my style but it doesn't look that bad.

bimini.jpg

i've managed to con my factory bimini to ride over the top of my titan. mine might be a titan 3 though, i ain't sure.

it's a little low going to the play pen but plenty high in the back.

1063511933_jEkAo-M.jpg

1063513768_HZeoR-M.jpg