Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Finally did it...ordered a new VLX

jeffmx

After much thought, I have put my 2004 Wakesetter up for sale, and ordered a new VLX! Yahoo.gif

Today we shot up to the lake early (beating the rain) and test drove a VLX, and I love the power wedge!!!!!!

It is amazing to see the wake change that much-while driving. Everything else performed flawlessly, but I do have one question for those of you lucky enough to have an 06 already.. why doesn't the ballast screen stay on? As soon as you bring that screen up, it only stays on display for just a few seconds, and then it goes back to the speed/ rpm screen. Hopefully it was the user...

If anybody wants a showroom clean DD, with every possible upgrade exept the shower and kitchen sink, let me know...

Awww, you dirty dog, I knew this was coming! Congratulations! So do you have colors picked out?

As for the ballast screen, there is a way to make it stay on but I don't have enough time/experience with it to say how you do it off the top of my head. I do know that if you have the speed control engaged then it will always default back to that screen regardless of what button you push.

Thanks Tracie...If anyboby knew I was going to do this, it was you!!!!!!! Biggrin.gif

The colors will be a dark blue main(what else), and everything else white- i think!

I tried it with the speed control off, and on, and it still went back to the speed /rpm...

Two years ago I enlarged my garage, now I have to make it a little longer! That should be interesting..

Congrats on the new ride. Mine should be here in a week and I am planning on reading the manuals on the screen options. I'll let you know what I find out.

The manual does help, but there isn't anything like using it to understand how it works.

That's going to be a looker Jeff!

AWESOME!!! those colors sound opposite of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!love the blue & white!........since i am new here....is wakegirl a malibu rep/dealer??? She knows it ALL! GO GIRL! have you heard about girls day out (wakechicks) in austin texas??? :blush:

The manual does help, but there isn't anything like using it to understand how it works.

AWESOME!!! those colors sound opposite of mine!!!!!!!!!!!!love the blue & white!........since i am new here....is wakegirl a malibu rep/dealer??? She knows it ALL! GO GIRL! have you heard about girls day out (wakechicks) in austin texas??? :blush:

She is the head hancho, the big cheese, the woman in charge and the Creator of a place we all spend too much time - TMC!

Wake chick3,

Wakegirl does know it all! She may not be a dealer, but I am sure she would make a fine one if she wanted!

Got any pictures of your boat? I would like to see your blue/white combo..

You guys are gonna give me an ego problem. :blush: I appreciate the confidence that you have in me, but truthfully I know enough to know how little I really do know. I am not employed by Malibu in any way, although I have been known to help out my dealer at the boat show when he needs it.

wakechick3,

I have heard about that group in Texas, but I that's about the extent of it. Do they have a website?

Jeff,

Get your boat posted for sale, 'tis the season! Did they give you a spray date yet?

Congrats on the new ride, Jeff! Having just been through this myself, the next few weeks are going to be tough waiting for delivery.

We have an 06 247 and on ours, at least, when you select the cruise control display it stays there until you select another option (ballast monitor, speedo, whatever) I'm sure it's just a setting in the set up menu.

Good luck with selling your Wakesetter, and be sure to post pics of the new ride!

You guys are gonna give me an ego problem. :blush: I appreciate the confidence that you have in me, but truthfully I know enough to know how little I really do know. I am not employed by Malibu in any way, although I have been known to help out my dealer at the boat show when he needs it.

wakechick3,

I have heard about that group in Texas, but I that's about the extent of it. Do they have a website?

Jeff,

Get your boat posted for sale, 'tis the season! Did they give you a spray date yet?

Tracie, the boat is listed, around the internet, as well as the trader....and becuase I changed my gel coat again this morning, I won't know till next week on the production dates.

I basically want it at the end of April, so I can be at Shasta for Memorial day!!!

I definately want to be there for the water test but I'm sure I'll be tempted to go down before that. I went 3 times last time I had one built but I'll keep this one to two at most.

I definately want to be there for the water test but I'm sure I'll be tempted to go down before that. I went 3 times last time I had one built but I'll keep this one to two at most.

Ditto....I have only been once myself with the last one,but would like to go down at least twice this time around.

I would like to see it pop out of the mold, as well as the water test..

wakechick3,

Jeff,

The website its wakechicks.com, I'm pretty sure it hasnt been updated since last summer. Up till last year i was one of the 4 girls pulling it together. It is pretty awesome, the first or second year we had girls from as far away as Canada! It's back under its original 'ownership', but im not sure what the plan will be for this year.

DB, are you Discobay local, we should have a pre-season informal WOW at the Delta. The May boat show would be a good time to hook up and check out all the new Bu's in the area.

Congrats on the new family member.

DB, are you Discobay local, we should have a pre-season informal WOW at the Delta. The May boat show would be a good time to hook up and check out all the new Bu's in the area.

Congrats on the new family member.

Nice boat Mike!

Yes, I am in fact a Disco Bay local and we always go to the Mothers Day May boat show there. It would be good to hook up. Maybe we can dominate the dock at Woody's. We put in at Orwood and then head on over. Keep in touch and we'll set it up.

DB

Jeff,

If the timing works out good and your interested, maybe we can head down to Merced together so as to save some gas for when the boats are ready. :lol:

Jeff,

If the timing works out good and your interested, maybe we can head down to Merced together so as to save some gas for when the boats are ready. :lol:

That sounds good...

I live in Concord, and I know Woodys well..... Biggrin.gif

wakechick3,

Jeff,

Tracie, the boat is listed, around the internet, as well as the trader....and becuase I changed my gel coat again this morning, I won't know till next week on the production dates.

I basically want it at the end of April, so I can be at Shasta for Memorial day!!!

Congrats on the new boat, nice color scheme you picked out. Save the gas and join us at McClure for Memorial Weekend Yahoo.gif