Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski Boot Mounting

Baddog

I just received a used LFF Super Animal boot (front only) for my Phantom Truth but it did not come with any mounting screws. Can y'all tell me what screws are required, how many and any watchouts for mounting this bad boy boot to my bad boy ski?

What boot was on your Phantom before? Is there some reason you cannot reuse that hardware?

No boot before. Bought the blank from GT with no hardware.

Edited by Baddog

The threaded inserts are there, right? You'll just need some small machine screws.

You might call Wiley's and see if they can hook you up with the little plastic pieces that act like washers on the base plate and allow the ski to flex even under the boot. Hard to describe. You put one little plastic "shoulder washer" on the machine screw, put the machine screw through the base plate then put another "shoulder washer" on the machine screw, then thread it into the ski. The "shoulder washers" allow the base plate to slide on the machine screws when the ski flexes. Only the middle holes have screws in them that tighten down against the ski completely. Does that make sense. Crazy.gif

The threaded inserts are there, right? You'll just need some small machine screws.

You might call Wiley's and see if they can hook you up with the little plastic pieces that act like washers on the base plate and allow the ski to flex even under the boot. Hard to describe. You put one little plastic "shoulder washer" on the machine screw, put the machine screw through the base plate then put another "shoulder washer" on the machine screw, then thread it into the ski. The "shoulder washers" allow the base plate to slide on the machine screws when the ski flexes. Only the middle holes have screws in them that tighten down against the ski completely. Does that make sense. Crazy.gif

It does. Thaks a bunch.