Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rev10's on illusion x tower

aquaman

Are those additional parts or do they come with the rev 10? Also do you think overkill for 4 of them? Maybe just 2? Your thoughts?

The nice thing about audio is you can always add more, not like ordering a boat with a certain engine in it as you'll be stuck with it. Get 2, get an amp you could add 2 more if you wanted, then get 2 more if you want/need them.

Edited by Bobby Light

I have a pair of rev10's mounted in top position under an X tower. Love the way they look and work. However wife nailed her head twice at Shasta last week so i get the dirty look regularly. She seems to be the only one who hits her head but oh well. Just started yesterday on a mission to move them on top (plus im sneaking in another pair just for my trouble ;). I also decided to try moving them on top becuase they are loud in the boat under the bimini. Plus my extended bimini acts as an acoustic shell and doesnt let all the sound get back to the rider. Then there is the ES420 mic feedback because the tower has the speakers pretty far forward in relation to the boat interior (titan type towers made of tubiing tend to have the speakers farther back). Will see how it goes.

Was thinking about adding a Rev 410 on the "hoop" of the XS tower, up top, and putting two holes in the bimini to accomodate it. Course, I'd need another amp. :christmas:

• 1 month later...

I had two rev10s under our illision. Had two probs. First the bimini redirected/sheilded the sound from getting direct to the rider (and was pretty loud in the cabin.) Second i needed more umph! Soooo...put four rev 10s on top plus two rev8s on outsides of top. A great look and a killer sound. My kids actually told me to turn it down. Which of course made my day. :)

I had two rev10s under our illision. Had two probs. First the bimini redirected/sheilded the sound from getting direct to the rider (and was pretty loud in the cabin.) Second i needed more umph! Soooo...put four rev 10s on top plus two rev8s on outsides of top. A great look and a killer sound. My kids actually told me to turn it down. Which of course made my day. :)

I know that it coming but I have to say it WHY. Why spend all that extra money just to say I have the rev10s :dontknow: . I went with the XM9s and cost less sound at least as good as people say this depends on the person but they are both great. They fit in the factory mounts and can be angled and don't get in the way of the bimini top. I have had all summer to play with my system. So this was the end results for me. Cranked the tower speakers up a little extra so when you are seating still that is what you hear the most in the boat. I have the boost box so when I give it gas the tower and the inside go up in volume. So what happens is the cabin speaker come in and the system sounds great and you can hear it 75-80' back on the rope. The best part is the wife is happy in the boat. No :rant: because its not too loud when sitting. I will say the system doesn't sound as good when sitting but I can't get best of both worlds with out touching the radio. But even at seating the system sound great and you can talk and have a good time. The fact is the XM9s sound so good you will never think about it. As far as my RF P3 12' I do play with it a little depending on the music at the time. I'm not saying one is better than the other the true is if I had a different tower I probably would own the Rev10s so I could say I have them too but the fact is with the illusion tower the XM9s are a better fit. :whistle::innocent:

Thanks!

Would a pair of xm9's on the upper mount throw sound back to the rider good?

I only have 2 of mine pointing to the back. Work great.

100_0403.jpg

• 6 years later...

Wow, it's been awhile.  For myself and this thread.  Revived mainly for the pictures and dolphin!.  Na, really, had 4x Pro-60s on my 07 LSV since 09 I think.  They have deteriorated and now looking to replace.  Cannot seem to catch Wet Sounds open.  I've got to work the hours they are open to afford things like Wet Sounds.

So, been researching but have not found what I was looking for.  On the Illusion X, is it possible to mount pair of Rev 10's inside upper and a pair of 8" inside lower mount.  Thinking of going with the Icon because the four Pro 60s were ear piercing in the cabin.  So really don't won't four 10s.  Although that would be cool to have! 

What about mount options?  And ability to rotate?  Would be fine if they would fit in where the 60s did though.

Blue

one pair of 10" HLCD with quality amp wattage and you will be happy you didnt spend the extra $$$ on the 8" coaxials and 2nd and amp to drive them. 

You can go with the TC3-S swivels, but they will be too close to the cross hoop to swivel. To point then forward, you would need to pull the speaker off the base, rotate the pod and the base connector 180, then slip the pod back on. 

Yeah, I like to touch and feel  or hear in this case when buying things.  It's just logical to do so.  Like buying a car.  Especially spending this much dough.  Wish there was a way to test drive these set-ups before deciding what to purchase.  Hey maybe my next career?

Its been so long I will need to go back and see what I got.  I know I bought a really nice Boston Acoustics Amp for the two pair of Pro 60s.  And I seem to recall I bought more amp than I needed as usually plan that way. I have a second amp driving the cabin speakers.

We like to  tie up around the lake and hang out in the water around the boats.  Thought was the 10's like you said would more than enough behind the bought.  Was thinking the coaxials might fill in more when out in the water around the boat.  The cabin speakers sound great in the boat but not much good in the water around the boat.  My 60s would blow some folks away at times when trying to listen to the music around the boat.  Although,  I could adjust the cabin and tower speakers interdependently.  But that was a PIA with beer google on.

Thanks for the input MLA!

Edited by Blueforester
typo