Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response LXi

hukk

Waiting for the new boat, spray date is 2-23, and shopping for a new ski. Currently on a 69". I believe I read a 68" will fit in the trunk but will a 69", 69.5" or 70" fit in the trunk? Ski's being considered are CDX, System 8 and D3.

Thanks

Woober, thanks for the reply, good to know a 70 will fit if I go that way.

I am sure I'll love the boat. Colors will be white deck and hull base, dark blue main, hull and deck. Accent is marble for hull and deck. Interior base and main will be moonbeam with dark blue bead, dash is ebony and ebony. Black rubrail and teak platform.

its pretty easy to fit two skis in. we usually have a 66 CDX and a 67 vengance both in covers plus 3 or 4 sets of ropes, handles, gloves etc etc. no problems at all...

I would love it if Malibu would move the gas tank to the front ski locker allowing the back one to be all the way to the floor. I believe that would actually create more "usable" storage in the boat.

Do any RLXi owner use the ski locker? I don't because the door to it is too small to get anything of size in or out. A long ski or a wakeboard would be a nightmare to try and get in and out.

I can squeeze a set of combos in there and then the kids skis reside in the rear locker.

If we used the combos with any frequency, I would consider shortening the divider between the cooler and the ski locker area (or at least cut and hinge it). Would make getting larger skis in there much easier.

When at the TN plant last summer, they indicated that the boat could be built/ordered without the divider.

I guess it also matters greatly if your RLXi has the jump seat in it. Mine does and it renders the locker in the floor useless, I mean besides the small opening.

2 skis and a wakeskate in the truck. Front locker has a mooring pole, oar, magnets for the course, anchor and anything else that I'm using all the time. Jump seats is about 50 50, in the walk way or behind the drivers seat.