Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Update on Bell Acqua

My 2 Dogs

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that I have been working with Phil Laing the GM of C&McP at Rocklin and many other stores. He was very professional in going over my concerns of what happened with my boat and the stains and mold on the vinyl and carpet. He detailed my boat, worked most of the stains out and the ones that he could not he is replacing the vinly. He did not try and B/S me on what he did. He told me flat out that he could not fix all the issue's but would work hard in doing whatever needed to be done to make me happy.

He also stated that because of what happened with my boat that there is now a new policy at Bell Acqua to increase the customer satisfaction. I think he is moving in the right direction to make all of his customer's happy. I cannot say enough good things about his professional manner and dedication. He does read these forums and he noticed that no one seemed to have a good thing to say about the customer service dept. He wants to address that.

Phil,

if you do read this. Thank you and great job. I walked away very satifsfied that you will solve my issue's and make Bell Acqua's Customer Service rise up a few notches.

Michael

Based on this post I may give Cope another try.

Although it was 4 years ago, I will not forget the incredibly poor service I got at the Fairfield/Suisun Ultimate Watersports. Not only was the service department miserably slow, sloppy, and lied to me repeatedly on the phone, the retail salespeople were not helpful at all. (I had just bought a secondhand SLXI with 5 hrs. on it and they seemed pissed I did not buy from them new for 10k more)

I know the Fairfield/Suisun store is no longer in their old location, and they have moved even farther from my home in the East bay, but based on Michael's experience and encouraging words that they are trying to improve, I may give them another try.

Well done Phil.

Edited by jayjoans

I have no comments on this subject.

Yes you do, you're just keeping them to yourself.

I have plenty of comments also, but will be nice.

Glad he Has helped you out. What kind of things could he not fix?

I will third and be nice. But I Just have to laugh at

He also stated that because of what happened with my boat that there is now a new policy at Bell Acqua to increase the customer satisfaction

So what is the Policy? He makes it sound like your the first person this has happened too. Shocking.gif

I have no comments on this subject.

Yes you do, you're just keeping them to yourself.

I have plenty of comments also, but will be nice.

Glad he Has helped you out. What kind of things could he not fix?

I will third and be nice. But I Just have to laugh at

He also stated that because of what happened with my boat that there is now a new policy at Bell Acqua to increase the customer satisfaction

So what is the Policy? He makes it sound like your the first person this has happened too. Shocking.gif

I'll still continue doing my own work no matter how good they say their customer service is.

After 5 years, I still feel the nasty bite from dealing with Cope and McPhetres. Just remember when you're dealing with slithering things they don't always bite you, but when they do it's really ugly. Just mentioning Cope and McPhetres and Phil Laing and Rocklin conjurs up a picture of a nest of rattlesnakes. Watch yourself handling these critters ALWAYS!

I just wanted to say that I was very upset with the level of customer service I had received. Once I notified Phil of my displeasure he has done a lot to make me feel more comfortable. He was not able to get all the yellow stains out. I will still have a few (behind the cushions) that are very minor and the major ones are the spots where he will replace the vinyl.

I can only go by the first issue's at Bell Acqua and they were horrible. Now with Phil jumping in, it has been better. Hopefully everyone with the slightest issue's can receive this level without having to call Phil or everyone under the sun to get service. He has promised that this is the case and I can only go by what he has done for me.

M2D - After hearing your horror stories at the Christmas party, I am really glad you got everything taken care of. I am especially glad considering what I and many others have experienced there.

• 1 month later...

As some of you know I had taken my boat in for some warranty work. Not big stuff. Replace the MALIBU decals on the side and repair a seat that was coming apart.

When I get there I meet up with George (service writer) former parts guy over at copes in Rocklin, that I have all ways had good luck with in the past. I take him around the boat and tell him all the things that I would like repaired and to order a few new things that had broken. Plus a list of part #s so that I would get the right part the first time with out taking in the parts. I put it in the shop on a Tue night (between rain storms) and picked her up on Thur. All things that I needed done had been or the parts where on order. They even had some one vaccume and wipe down the inside 100%. Not the best (who would ever do it as good as one of us) but it was nice. I looked and looked to make sure there was no grease or any thing wrong with the boat or trailer. This week the parts came in and George gave me a call to inform they where in. I asked if I could pay over the phone and have them shipped to Rocklin with there driver. No problems.

I just wanted to say that this was a great exsperience and I feel a little better with George being over there.