Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion tower lites

ricnvic

Does anyone know where to get the stock lites that fit the pre-drilled holes for the Illusion, or are they a dealer only option? I asked about getting them on my new BU but they want $200.00 each Shocking.gif I don't think I would use them enough to warrant that price.

• 2 years later...

I just got two pair from westland. They look great but I have not had a chance to use them yet. Westland has factory OEM wiring harnesses that you can get to speed up the install.

I got 4 lights, harness, and shipping for around $470.

I just got two pair from westland. They look great but I have not had a chance to use them yet. Westland has factory OEM wiring harnesses that you can get to speed up the install.

Can you point me to a website?

is it westland or is the name westwind.....did you get your lights and harness from you dealer?

I haven't found a set of lights better than my HID set up from LPA. I just spoke with Jeremiah(owner/operater) today to order a new bulb. Great product support.

We've got a possible group buy coming up through LPA. His lights are what I plan on putting on my tower, group buy or not.

The LPA lights work great! I have used them several times to load our boat at night.

How much is the group buy and how can I get in if I want to???

Group buy prices are not posted and generally only available to Crew supporters (like for the lights) Once the GB starts you will get a PM with the price if you are interested. But you have to be a supporting member. - See the support us link in the menu bar. With that said, you generally come out ahead on your first group buy if it's of any significant value (like, I am not sure if you bought 4 stainless steel cup holders you'd get there). Plus, there are other vendor discounts for members. Personally, I think I have saved hundreds on stuff this year (over and above internet deals) by getting some killer deals on group buys and with member discounts - bimini, props,puller, cover, and soon lights.

Sorry, its Westwind.

Here is the site, although it is pretty worthless.. http://www.westwindsonline.com/index.html

I purchased the lights directly from them.

How much is the group buy and how can I get in if I want to???

Group buy prices are not posted and generally only available to Crew supporters (like for the lights) Once the GB starts you will get a PM with the price if you are interested. But you have to be a supporting member. - See the support us link in the menu bar. With that said, you generally come out ahead on your first group buy if it's of any significant value (like, I am not sure if you bought 4 stainless steel cup holders you'd get there). Plus, there are other vendor discounts for members. Personally, I think I have saved hundreds on stuff this year (over and above internet deals) by getting some killer deals on group buys and with member discounts - bimini, props,puller, cover, and soon lights.

We've got a possible group buy coming up through LPA. His lights are what I plan on putting on my tower, group buy or not.

e into a group buy

I would definately be into a group buy on this...and I am a supporter...:)

ok so I am heavily into the offroad scene and these lights are trailtech HID's which I have a set on my rhino and they work pretty great overall. Do they have a differnt mount to go into the illus x tower or do they bolt right in. I may pull the ones off my rhino for the summer.

ok so I am heavily into the offroad scene and these lights are trailtech HID's which I have a set on my rhino and they work pretty great overall. Do they have a differnt mount to go into the illus x tower or do they bolt right in. I may pull the ones off my rhino for the summer.

THere is a special mount. I believe that 1) the post is slightly different, 2)there is also an insert required into the Illusion X that is a threaded insert. Several other brands use the same approach, because that is what you have to do to get a threaded insert, with varying solutions. You can purchase generic threaded inserts, plus my local dealer will sell the (I think metcraft, can't remember now) inserts for about $13 each. You likely will need a special tool to expand the insert. I have never done it so not sure. You might want to send a PM to user Pat McCrotch (seriously) and ask him about the brackets.