Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Clamp down board racks

jetskipro550

A few years ago at shasta (summer of 03) we saw a mastercraft with board racks that didn't use bungees but instead clamped down over the boards. Mastercraft doesn't offer them anymore and I was wondering why? Also who sells them now (if anyone does) and are they good or bad? My friend with an 03 VLX and swoop tower wants to buy a pair.

I belive mastercraft is the only one doing that now. I dont like how they look, its way too much to have on the tower imo, but you could steal a mastercraft tower, and fab them onto your tower if you reaaally wanted to.

In 03 they had the spring loaded clamps that you pushed down from the top. There is a reason that they only used them for a year. Spring failures, boards falling out etc, but some love them and have had good luck from them. In 04 they went to the swivel and clamp-lever style rack, a much better design in my opinion. Now only MC and the fusion rack above are available.