Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is it possible to turnround a boat on a trailer 180 degrees manually?

randv

Planning on getting a Wakesetter, but inexperienced with this size boat. Can they be manoeuvred manually without a vehicle?

The place where the boat will be kept is up a very long driveway, and no room to turn a vehicle and a trailer at the end. As it will be very difficult to reverse all the way back out, I was wondering if a twin axle trailer with a few thousand pounds of Malibu on it, can be pushed round 180 degrees by a few guys, or is it way too heavy for that?

Planning on getting a Wakesetter, but inexperienced with this size boat. Can they be manoeuvred manually without a vehicle?

The place where the boat will be kept is up a very long driveway, and no room to turn a vehicle and a trailer at the end. As it will be very difficult to reverse all the way back out, I was wondering if a twin axle trailer with a few thousand pounds of Malibu on it, can be pushed round 180 degrees by a few guys, or is it way too heavy for that?

By a few guys, yes. By yourself, i doubt it. Tandem axle makes it very difficult.

............. can be pushed round 180 degrees by a few guys, or is it way too heavy for that?

Whats the definition of "a few"?

5 or 6? Yes, it's "possible", but won't be easy.

2 or 3? No way.

i roll mine around in the garage, but that is a very flat, slick floor. I would not want to do it a lot, because of the wear on the front jack.

You might try one of these - http://www.overtons....ly&merchID=4005

OR, if you have a larger garden tractor, that is what many of the marina's and boat yards use.

Edited by Soon2BV

If you get a single axel it would be no problem. Everyone dogs single axels and says double axels are the way to go but I had a single and loved it. I put mine in a short garage and had to turn it diagnal to make it fit and with the single axel it was a peice of cake. I didn't notice any difference in pulling it behind my truck but I'm sure some will say doubles are way better.