Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Resurfacing from the Dead (almost)

meb885

It's probably been 2-3 years since my last post. my boat has been in dry storage for 2 years as i have not had ANYWHERE to put it...... i was out on one of our local lakes (Cass Lake) yesterday on a pontoon and slammed my foot down (literally) enough is enough. i am determined to find a place to put my boat/trailer by tuesday so i can pick it up and begin the process of cleaning it up and (im sure spending hours getting the motor to run) It's been in storage/Shrinkwrapped thru 2 winters....has not moved... i'm expecting anything from mold to surge brakes locked on trailer....

Anyone in SE Michigan and know of a good place that i can store my boat on it's trailer that allows in/out access so i can tow it to the lake and play whenever i want??? I can not afford on lake slips unless it's an AMAZING deal and even then, i'd need somewhere for my trailer.

My Biz Partner used to have a 2nd driveway that was perfect for the boat but he moved....

I miss my 'Bu (MAJOR WITHDRAWLS) 1994 Echelon. under 200hrs on 350Mag EFI Tournament Ski motor....

Last Known Pics before she went into storage.

0422081919b.jpg

0519102054.jpg

0422081919a.jpg

0519101703.jpg

0519101644.jpg

Over two years! I think having it wrapped is going to prove to be a lifesaver.

I hope you don't find any surprises that are to painful! Good luck and get that good looking boat on the water!

I am up in Holly and have an Echelon myself (1997). I will probably venture out to Cass Lake later this summer but mostly I stick to the northern lakes. I'm sorry but I don't know of any place to store your boat off hand. I assume that you checked out storage unit places. Sometimes they offer trailer storage in the back of their lots

I sure do love the clean lines of a closed bow Echelon. Great pics! Hopefully we will cross paths someday out on Cass Lake.

Also. When I got my Echelon last year the previous owner had stored it for 3 years without uncovering it. When I went to go test drive it, I helped them install the battery and change the oil. We took it to the launch and put it in. It started up after about three cranks and ran awesome. I was shocked that it ran so good on three year old gas.

So don't be too afraid about getting her going again. If you laid it up proper and shrunk wrapped it, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.

i'm hoping i get her running easy like your experience Mali-Monster... hoping nobody took up residence in my bow storage.... i'm expecting mold, but preying for no damage.... I already need a new trailer winch (which btw. what is everyone using on their boats... i can't remember what the winch on the trailer is, but it doesnt lock anymore...so its quite dangerous... i'm finding 1200# and 1500# winches... i know the bow weight is nowhere near that on my 2500# echelon....) and have my sterreo project ready to go.....

Tough time of year to search for moorage or on lake storage on any lake. I would start the search in the springtime. Start out with your local Craigslist, searching terms like "moorage", "boat slip", "boat storage", etc.

Another option is actually living on the lake. Rentals are often not that expensive. And shared waterfront is usually very reasonable compared to primary. Search for terms like "shared waterfront" or "secondary waterfront". It should pick up houses & condos, some shared living situations, etc. Many times these kinds of neighborhoods have slips available only to the people living in the home.

Doesn't do you a lot of good now. But maybe help you prepare for next year. Wish you luck.

Yeah, My business partner moved off the lake, i've been scouring real estate for on lake or shared mooring....found a couple foreclosures so far but nothing i can even begin to afford YET. For now i'm just hoping to find a friend or local business who can spare a driveway for the summer... All i need is somewhere i can get her cleaned up, running, and ready to launch (than bring her back to after a day on the lake) I really don't mind towing to and from the lake for now... (altho it means i have to drive my trailblazer and can't drive my summer fun car)

Tough time of year to search for moorage or on lake storage on any lake. I would start the search in the springtime. Start out with your local Craigslist, searching terms like "moorage", "boat slip", "boat storage", etc.

Another option is actually living on the lake. Rentals are often not that expensive. And shared waterfront is usually very reasonable compared to primary. Search for terms like "shared waterfront" or "secondary waterfront". It should pick up houses & condos, some shared living situations, etc. Many times these kinds of neighborhoods have slips available only to the people living in the home.

Doesn't do you a lot of good now. But maybe help you prepare for next year. Wish you luck.