Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Wedge...Boat wont plain out

i have a 2007 23 xti and the power wedge worked fine with no issues all year. I took the boat out a few times this year and tried to use the wedge last weekend. It will go up and down no problem according to the guage. When it shows all the way down, and set where i want it, i give it gas and it just plows through the water and the front of the boat wont plain out at all. The boat wont seem to get any faster then like 14 MPH or so.What do i need to do to or check to see whats wrong with the wedge?

Thanks

Alan

You need to recalibrate.

Main LCD

Setup

Service

Power Wedge

Scroll Down and Select Calibrate Down

Manually hit down button and put the wedge all the way down

click E button on LCD to confirm and calibrate down

Scroll down and Select Calibrate Up

Manually hit up button and put the wedge all the way up

click E button on LCD to confirm and calibrate up

Done Calibrating.

I don't think calibrate is an option in 07 -- at least not on my VLX it isn't. I would get some goggles and double check the gauge is accurate on the water. Easier to raise when you don't have to manually roll the paddle wheel. :)

So if im not plaining out, what position would i possibly be in? I will look saturday when i get it out on the water but was curious if anyone could think off top of their head. I dont hink i can recalibrate on the 2007. :(

Not in the up position? One of my actuators died on the season closer last year. Perhaps one of yours has given up the ghost as well and it is sticking. I don't think you'll know anything until you inspect visually.

When fully deployed, the wedge should basically be horizontal. I have honestly never looked when in the extreme wake position but I'm guessing the angle is less than 15 degrees off. I would be suspect of anything that isn't almost completely horizontal

Its completely Horizontal when in the up position, i then lowered it this weekend and check and it was in the down position, The water here is so freak in dirty that i cant see the wedge under the water.

My 2007 VLX does this somtimes its weird. We will be surfing all day around 10-11 MPH then if we want to get up to wakeboard speeds, it is like it wont let me get up to past surfing speed. For me i just turn off cruise move wedge to the up position and turn the boat off. Turn the boat back on and put the wedge down all is fine. Its a pain but it seem to work for me.

Hope this helps!

Kirk

Its completely Horizontal when in the up position, i then lowered it this weekend and check and it was in the down position, The water here is so freak in dirty that i cant see the wedge under the water.

that is some dirty water, and you board in it? ;)

feel under. My guess is you are lowering it all the way, but when you bump it up a little, you are bring it to far up and the guage is not telling you how far. if the wedge is about 1/2 down it will cause you to plow like that.

step one, lower it until you here the change in motor sound

step two - reach your hand under water nad make good and sure it is all the way down

step three do NOT adjust any further, try it and see if you come up OK.

For the record, I never adjust the angle of my wedge until the boarder is up, that way I can see what it does to the lip of the wake. And I have noticed my gauge is not always accurate enough to trust it.