Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can someone check on an LXi in NY...

MNRLXi

Many have wrote how there are "Crew" members all over. Well...I was wondering if there was a member near Long Island, NY that would maybe check on the condition of a possible purchase?

It is a 2004 Response LXi that has quite a few hours on it. The description has a large number of items replaced...and I am quite leary of the boat for those huge reasons, unless a "Crew" member sees, and believes!

It is listed on OnlyInboards.com: http://onlyinboards....s.aspx?ID=33409

...and would love some input from afar.

Thanks...Len (MN)

Monroe NY looks like it is near several lakes and mountains, could be a summer camp / ski club.

Important Fact - Monroe NY is the birthplace of Velveeta "cheese". :rockon:

I remember going to the wakeboard camp with a couple of friends a few years ago. We boarded behind a 2002 VLX with over 3800 hours. The monsoon was just replaced in that boat. The interior had seen way too much sun and was beat up.

• 1 month later...

Well....

I got the help from the forum right away,with someone helping me out with the thread showing Mike's hard work on the 2004 RLXi in Long Island, NY he was working on. From that day forward, Mike and I had conversations, and I am VERY, VERY happy to say....I am the new owner of the LXi...delivered yesterday. My family and I get to treat ourselves to Mike's hard work.

Now....for anyone who may need to have dealing's with Mike in the future. I will say he is one of the most honest individuals I have ever dealt with. And the whole ordeal, would have been too much (NY to MN thing, seeing the boat, transport, etc...) if it were not for Mike's patience and understanding.

And I will say...UShip...was not all, some on the Crew, had written about. So, I will just say....if you are going to do a long haul...have a back-up to UShip. Because, if your width is greater than 98"...UShip gets pretty slim pickings. Found A LOT of people wanting to "tow" my boat the 1225 miles...not trailer it as requested.

Anyway....Mike...if you are reading...NICE JOB my new friend...AND THANK YOU! From the whole Fam!

• Like 2