Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2004 Wakesetter XTI as a surf platform?

wakefan

Howdy Crew! First post!

We're looking at a 2004 23' Wakesetter XTI what comes with 3 factory ballasts and a wake plate. Some things I've read indicate that the XTI isn't all that great a surf platform.

We wake board, ski and tube. We're gettting into surfing as well, but don't need anything world class. Then again, I would like to be able to go wireless from it at some point. Would fat sacs make a big difference? Does having everyone seated in the back due to the XTI layout help any?

We really like the look of the boat, but don't want to get it and then be disappointed we didn't hold out for a Vdrive.

Any feedback here?

Thanks!!!

I surf ropeless behind my 21 xti with just midship wedge and a 400lb sac on surfside.The 23 should be fine a vdrive will have more room for weight and a bigger wave but the xti gets it done no prob.I dont think you'll be dissapointed either way.Ive owned vlx and xti both have their pro's ,cons my only regret is not getting a 23' we regularly have 8-12 on board. Test drive both and get a feel for handling and layout.The xti is perfect for us but the vlx was fantastic as well.