Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu, Exile, & 6 V Tested!

Wakesetter67

Just got back from five days at Shasta Lake as a Volunteer boat to pull 106 kids , I couldn't be more impressed with how my boat performed, Stereo system from Exile and the 6V Battery set up That was installed this year, Let me tell you all three were tortured..... 98 Degrees everyday, 8 HR of Nonstop wide open music, and never once had to or could hook those new 6V Batts to an on board charger, and as I put it into storage last night the Volt meter read 12.5 V. my old group 29's could not keep up after 3 days without shutting down the amps, and that was with 3 amps My new system has four!! Anyway just a little info on how these systems really hold up when tested, I could not be any more happy with the results....

Edited by Wakesetter67

Wouldn't lie to ya vinnie :lol: .

You Hooked me up Good, Those Battery's are the real deal, And i have the smaller amp Alternator on my LCR Had no trouble keeping things charged!!! Edited by Wakesetter67

You Hooked me up Good, Those Battery's are the real deal, And i have the smaller amp Alternator on my LCR Had know trouble keeping things charged!!!

You even have those "inefficent" exile amps too :rofl: .

• Like 1

Vince,

Certainly the 6 volt batteries have huge reserves and will perform at the original specs at the beginning of a new season. Keep this in mind. The real test will be how they do at the beginning of next season or the following season as compared to today. The degradation will come from how far you deplete the charge below 12 volts (half the reserves) to a far greater degree than how many times you actually deep cycle them. So keep an eye on the minimum voltage level after maximum depletion. That will forecast the long term. With any battery system try and hold the line at 12 volts. I realize that may not be realistic over the long weekends.

David

Vince,

Certainly the 6 volt batteries have huge reserves and will perform at the original specs at the beginning of a new season. Keep this in mind. The real test will be how they do at the beginning of next season or the following season as compared to today. The degradation will come from how far you deplete the charge below 12 volts (half the reserves) to a far greater degree than how many times you actually deep cycle them. So keep an eye on the minimum voltage level after maximum depletion. That will forecast the long term. With any battery system try and hold the line at 12 volts. I realize that may not be realistic over the long weekends.

David

I was really watching it and it never dip below 12.4 occasionally I would shut it down and just cruise but it was rare, Those kids don't know relax...When I would tie up for the day it would read 12.6 12.5

I was really watching it and it never dip below 12.4 occasionally I would shut it down and just cruise but it was rare, Those kids don't know relax...When I would tie up for the day it would read 12.6 12.5

That's the beauty of the 6v batteries you can beat them unlike other batteries especially AGM batteries. 6v batteries are way tougher than other types of batteries. Mine are on 3 years and going strong.

• Like 1

Vince,

Well those are impressive voltage numbers to be maintaining after a big day on the water.

Batteries are like tires. They don't last forever. But if you limit the depth of cycle, you should get many seasons.

David

I got jealous of what Vince put in his, so I copied him. :whistle:

I ran mine for about 6 hours this weekend at the lake with no issues at all. Granted it was 20deg cooler here in the NW (98deg, you suck dude) and the system was still hammering away. It will be nice in the next few years to recoup some of the $$$ and time not spent on new cells at the end of each season if these perform as advertised.

• Like 1