Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Steve Meade Designs - Crossover and Distortion Tuning

Murphy8166

Over the past couple of months I have been looking at a couple products from Steve Meade Designs. Specifically the DD-1 and the CC-1. They are hand held devices that allow you to set your crossover points and match you gains very easily. The cost of the setup is $279 for the two units.

Since I and others are always tinkering with our systems and the most unsure part of my skill set is the ability to correctly match gains and get my crossover points matched up. I have spoken with several reputable installers across the US and they support this product.

$279 is steep!!!!! So in an effort to spread the cost out for me and the open to door of usage to others - I'm thinking about setting up a tool rental program to those reputable members on the forum who would like to rent this product for a fraction of the cost.

60 bucks to rent it. I pay shipping to you and you pay it back to me. Non Nego

I envision it like this - you send me the full amount ($279) via paypal and I will ship it to you. Once you return it to me on your shipping dime - I will refund you the ($219).

We'd probably set a 21 day limit for product rental. At the end of 21 days, you either send it back with a tracking number or you own it.

Im not really trying to make money on this or catch anyone in a trap - just trying to bring a cool product to some of us stereo junkies.

Let me know you interest level.

Here is a review:

http://www.stevemead...udio-las-vegas/

Here is a video:

http://youtu.be/J0m9OJbkV8Q

Here is another video:

Edited by Murphy8166

Murphy, I saw these a while back. I wish there was a local shop that had these, and you could pay a small fee to have you boat computer tuned in about 5-10 mins. The best part about it, once tuned with these, virtually eliminates clipping.

I would be all over this, count me in.