Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cable Slalom Course - which one?

Mino

So we are looking to replace the Slalom course on our lake. Will most likely purchase a cable course. There are a lot of options (sinkable or not) and a lot of brands (EZ-Slalom, Accu-Sink, Wally Ski). I am looking for recommendation of options and brands and why.

Thanks for the help.

So we are looking to replace the Slalom course on our lake. Will most likely purchase a cable course. There are a lot of options (sinkable or not) and a lot of brands (EZ-Slalom, Accu-Sink, Wally Ski). I am looking for recommendation of options and brands and why.

Thanks for the help.

I can offer no objective reason to pick one course over the other... on a subjective note though I actually met Wally a couple months ago and hung out with him and the pres of their ski club. Great guy and was very intense about talking about the technicalities of his course. The pres of their ski club might be able to give you a little more objective info... because they use his course. Let me know if you want his contact info. Sorry I couldn't give you any hard facts about it. Good luck in your search. Did you get your Txi from Skier's Pier? I bought my vtx from them last year.

I'm the president of the club that Troy mentioned. Honestly, If your lake doesn't require a submersible course I would put in a permanent floating one. On our lake, the Marine Commission requires any course on the main body of the lake to be submersed when not in use. The sinking system just adds another level of complexity and things that can break or go wrong, not to mention having to spend the extra time to raise and lower it before and after skiing. A sinking course also requires much more routine maintenance.

All that being said, if you decide to go with a submersible course I can highly recommend the Wally Skier course. It's extremely well designed and engineered to be easy to operate and maintain. All of the parts are modular and interchangeable, which means fewer spare parts to keep on hand. Also, it operates off of a 12v DC pump so your connection point doesn't have to be on land.

If you decide to go with a permanent floating course, Wally Skier would still be a great option for you but I don't know enough about the competing products to give a fair comparison.

Please feel free to send me a pm if you have other questions. If I don't know the answers all I have to do is show up at Wally's house with some beer and I can get them!

Regards,

Jeff

Ez Slalom heavy duty if you can leave it up, otherwise a Wally. The Wally is really nice, but you pay a lot more for it and if you don't have to sink it, then a lot of what the wally offers is not necessary. We have an accusink at our main site and I have an Insta-slalom course at my cabin. The Ez-slalom is a lot heavier duty than my Insta-Slalom, but it works well for as much as I use it, but I can't leave it in the water overnight.