Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Drysuit Repair

jetskipro550

So I am really cheap and I don't want to pay someone else to fix my drysuit if I can do it. I have a baggy style suit with a torn neck seal, ankel seal, and wrist seal. The others probably need to get replaced also...I haven't gotten an estimate on getting it repaired but I know you can buy DIY kits. Whats to going rate (on average) of getting seals replaced? Is is something you can do yourself with the right kit?

What's the brand of the suit? Neck seals are 75 bucks to have them done by someone else. However, the BI neck seals can be reparied by Ocean-Tec for 45.00. If the suit is BI, have OT do it- well worth it to have the OEM repair IMO.

I asked my daughter about this when I noticed they sell repair kits in the stop. She laughed and said that they sell those and then the customer usually brings the suit back in to be sent out for repair.

what did you have done and how much $$$ did it costs ya?

The whole 9 yards, all 5 seals with shipping $149. One of my seals was leaking where it was glued to the suits during out Polar Bear ski, it came right off the next week when I went to prep it for storage.