Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help: skiing with a Vride 21

Bamburo

Hi, a few years ago a bought a Vride 21 with the idea to navigate with friends in our lake in Spain and occassionally do some wakeboarding with my children. The main reason why I bought this boat was its good price and how roomy it is (we are a large crowd). Besides, at that time slalom skiing was not an option. However, last year my doughter, wife and myself felt totally in love with slalom skiing.

I know the best option would be to sell the Vride and get a 2nd hand Response....but there area few reasons why I do not want to do that: it has just 220 hours; it is in great condition, it is very roomy for the whole family and there are not many (hardly any) Responses for sale in Spain.

So, my question is: which advise would you give me to minimize the steep wakes of my Vride? (apart of not using the Wedge, and not having the fuel tank full). How about puting some weight (people) on the bow instead of on the stern?.

Thanks and regards.

Edited by Bamburo

also ride with fewer people. A driver, observer, and just a rider at 28mph last year behind our vride put out a pretty clean wake for a v-drive.

also ride with fewer people. A driver, observer, and just a rider at 28mph last year behind our vride put out a pretty clean wake for a v-drive.

I agree with rennis. We tend to go a little faster than 28 but not nearly as fast as we had to go behind our old boat. I think the ski wake is pretty manageable, considering it's made for wakeboarding. I've never tried weight in the bow but I might give that a shot.

Great, thanks!. So this Saturday I wil give it a go: I will put my older daughter on the bow and my wife will be driving with my 10 year old kid as an observer at 28 mh (around 45 km). I'll tell you how it went.