Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Please suggest a tower for 03 Sunsetter LXi

iwski

I've done a lot of reading and searching on here and cannot understand what towers are currently made that would fit an 03 SSLXi. I love the looks of the Titan-III towers by far, but I understand they are no longer available. What is similar that will collapse down and fit in a standard 7' garage and have not much "wiggle" factor?

I have a Titan 3 off my 01 SSLX. It's the best But it will not fit in a 7' garage. (neather will my swoop on the new boat) if your really interested I will reluctantly offer it for sale with 2 swivel racks. Had this all set up on my sunsetter then purchased a v-drive that has a swoop and a super sound system on it.

I have a polished chrome Titan II on my '01 SSLxi and couldn't be happier. Solid as a rock, good looking, and super easy to fold down. The Titan III is also a great option, and the best looking tower out there IMO. If I was you I'd take Windy1 up on his offer.

I have a Titan 3 off my 01 SSLX. It's the best But it will not fit in a 7' garage. (neather will my swoop on the new boat) if your really interested I will reluctantly offer it for sale with 2 swivel racks. Had this all set up on my sunsetter then purchased a v-drive that has a swoop and a super sound system on it.

Can you describe how the Titan-III folds down please. I had no idea it wouldn't fit into a 7' tall garage door.....that's a deal breaker for me unfortunately.

No doubt the Titan III.

I would be interested in the swivel racks if you don't want/need those! Shoot me a PM with what you would take for them if you decide to go this way and don't want the swivel racks.

That is a great looking tower, however, it will be in the ropes path on a DD

Not sure what you mean by this? Slalom? In my experience, you can't shorten the rope enough to ever come in contact with the tower. The TIII is an awesome tower, love mine. As for getting under a 7' high door, my RLXi fits comfortably under ours with the tower down. The front hoop lays back on the windshield frame, and in this position isn't more than maybe 6" higher than the frame at its highest point. I'd expect the same on the SSLXi.

Not sure what you mean by this? Slalom? In my experience, you can't shorten the rope enough to ever come in contact with the tower. The TIII is an awesome tower, love mine. As for getting under a 7' high door, my RLXi fits comfortably under ours with the tower down. The front hoop lays back on the windshield frame, and in this position isn't more than maybe 6" higher than the frame at its highest point. I'd expect the same on the SSLXi.

Great picture of your boat and tower on your profile....that tower just looks like the perfect tower. From that angle, I can picture how the front hoop would lay down and not be much higher than your windshield, given the curve of the hoop. Is there a chance you can snap a photo inside your garage? Thanks!

That is a great looking tower, however, it will be in the ropes path on a DD

Not sure what you mean by this? Slalom? In my experience, you can't shorten the rope enough to ever come in contact with the tower.

I stole this from a post on the SWS Facebook page.

post-14286-0-88409700-1339549402_thumb.j

I do not swallow the Titan pill - I think it is ugly. One of the reasons (there were a few others) I passed on an 03 WS VLX was because of that tower.

http://www.themalibu...on-blade-tower/

MUCH better IMO.

Looks isn't the main point. The blade style will never be as rigid as the TI, II or III. Looks ya you like or don't type but hands down winner for rigidity.

That Samson Blade is on an '03 XTI. There is no issues with interference between the tower and rope when running from the stock pylon, on that boat. The Blade is really nice looking and compliments James' boat nicely. I do believ it was on the more $ side of tower options.

I stole this from a post on the SWS Facebook page.

That document references the Illusion tower, not the TIII. The TIII is clearly better than the Illusion in that regard. Regardless, unless you are into those super short line lengths (most of us aren't), it really isn't much of a consideration.

Great picture of your boat and tower on your profile....that tower just looks like the perfect tower. From that angle, I can picture how the front hoop would lay down and not be much higher than your windshield, given the curve of the hoop. Is there a chance you can snap a photo inside your garage? Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment! That tower is the perfect tower IMHO. I wouldn't have any other...

Can't take a pic in the garage until late October when I put her away for the winter (sits on my lift all season). But you are imagining correctly - the curve of the front hoop makes it nearly flat beyond the windshield frame. I can try to snap a pic for you this weekend on the lift with the tower collapsed, and measure the actual height above the windshield frame for you.

That document references the Illusion tower, not the TIII. The TIII is clearly better than the Illusion in that regard. Regardless, unless you are into those super short line lengths (most of us aren't), it really isn't much of a consideration.

Probably not a problem on the blade and I don't ski a corse but at 15 off free skiing i would frequently touch the bar on the T3 and it sat a good 8" to 10" forward of the blade. just a personal thing that would bug me.