Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Engine wont crank, fuse somewhere?

I was trying to get my boat started, it was cranking and then suddenly it stopped. i heard what sounded like a click so im not sure if there is a fuse panel or a breaker somewhere? the only two fuses i have been able to find are still good (tested with ohm meter). i have power to the radio and cluster so i know its not a voltage issue. any thoughts or know where i should be looking for fuses/relay/etc?

Thanks!!

Is this the first attempt to start after being put up for the winter? Sounds like a weak battery to me. Doesn't take much amperage to light a light or play music but it does to spin the starter. I'd test the battery.

-- Mike

I'll have the battery tested to make sure its good and see if i can find the breaker near the battery. The breaker mounted on the engine wasn't tripped. Thanks guys.

I have a similar issue, I found my circuit panel down under and to the right of the dash. Mine has the fuel pump on the same circuit as the dash. I am trying to replace the circuit breaker and if that fails the fuel pump is next. Hope this helps. Good luck. ( 2000 sportster LX)

I have a similar issue, I found my circuit panel down under and to the right of the dash. Mine has the fuel pump on the same circuit as the dash. I am trying to replace the circuit breaker and if that fails the fuel pump is next. Hope this helps. Good luck. ( 2000 sportster LX)

not sure why you would replace fuel pump cb in a no crank situation.

Just some helpful advise if anyone has this same problem. My boat would crank then die, crank then die. I started playing with every wire on and around the engine. Found that is was a loose connection to one of the relays that rest on top of the transmission where it mounts to the engine. If someone has the same issue maybe start there. This event shaved almost 2hr off my saturday two weekends back.

Also as a shout out to Pistol Pete, i found myself pulling his videos up on my iphone while in the water as a way to trouble shoot.