Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Color Matched Tower

maliboo

My new boat is here. I am wondering about powder coating the Extreme tower to match. Do you think it would be to much of the dark blue or should I just go with black?

gallery_264_171_141.jpg

gallery_264_171_10109.jpg

gallery_264_171_62087.jpg

Dwayne

Edited by maliboo

I think that powdercoated blue would look good. Like stated before since you have a white top deck it would accent it nicely rather than over doing the blue.

powdercoat! Looks nice Dwayne, when it thaws let's get it wet!

I think SGY is a closet bu lover and that boat may put him "out".

Edited by skisix@38
Okay, after searching a bit I see that it's not polished, but brushed, is that correct?

Brushed is what Skylon was doing. Polished is a little difficult to do. Too many imperfections, which the brushing helps to eliminate.

I can't do a polished Extreme. I thought about trying to have it chromed, but there is no one in Colorado that can do it.

Why is that? onamission's boat look's amazing:

gallery_82_9_849750.jpg

Thank for all the complements, but the tower has a fine brushed finish to it. See picture.

%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4103%7Boption%7D

Edited by onamission

Thanks for the replies.

How do you post large pictures? I think I am going to do the powdercoat. The color is an exact match. If it was off even just a little I was not going to do it. The bimini will be mostly grey with a blue stripe down the middle.

Dwayne

Funny I should read this post, just yesterday at the lake there was a new response very similar in color with a blue Titan III, looked sharp!

Thanks for the replies.

How do you post large pictures? I think I am going to do the powdercoat. The color is an exact match. If it was off even just a little I was not going to do it. The bimini will be mostly grey with a blue stripe down the middle.

Dwayne

I linked that picture from the gallery. You just have to wrap the location (url) in an image tag like this:

[img=http://www.urltophotolocation.com]

There is help by clicking on the "BB Code Help" link under the smileys table in the Full Posting screen that explains how to do it.

Thanks WG - Thats looks much better. I did not realize that I could link to my gallery.

onamission - I knew you would like it. You were the inspiration.

Skisix - I'm ready. Just when I thought it was warming up, here comes the ice again.

I am going to try to take some readings with a decibel meter because I got all the quiet stuff including the new tips. I backed it into the lake, but there was to much ice to run it at full speed. Idle on the trailer it seemed very quiet.

Dwayne

Edited by maliboo
Thanks WG - Thats looks much better. I did not realize that I could link to my gallery.

onamission - I knew you would like it. You were the inspiration.

Skisix - I'm ready. Just when I thought it was warming up, here comes the ice again.

I am going to try to take some readings with a decibel meter because I got all the quiet stuff including the new tips. I backed it into the lake, but there was to much ice to run it at full speed. Idle on the trailer it seemed very quiet.

Dwayne

Cottonwood is all iced over again. :( MAybe next weekend it will open up.

I will be in London. Maybe the weekend after that.

Dwayne

Instead of being all lonely while you're in London, it could sit next to my bu and get all trained up!

That is a sweet looking ride. I like the stealth look without the big letters on the side.

That does look pretty sweet. The newer wakesetters don't really give a classic pattern like the DD's do. Cry.gif