Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

?Cracked Hull On Nautique G23?

BIG JAY

So i was having a good conversation with a close friend that got to see with his own eyes the new G23 Nautique that eveyone was raving about being the best boat ever built. Well from what i know and my dear close friend told me is the G23 needs some work because the G23 he ran into had a "L" shaped large crack in the hull from stringer to hull side... So whats the problem put a boat out on the market and spend lots of money marketing the boat but still dont know how to build a hull? The boat has not even been out that long... Kinda reminds me of the big rave over the MC XStar that we have not seen any of in dealers yet.

this is all just word of mouth stuff coming from a dear good friend that i know wouldnt normally say anything but he just couldnt help himself knowing im a Malibu kinda guy. So run with it and see if we can find some pictures someplace.

are these the test mules though? Or actual owner boats? I'd expect that that first few test mules have been beaten on pretty good. Reserve judgment till there are 40 of 'em in the hands of tube pulling wallys.

are these the test mules though? Or actual owner boats? I'd expect that that first few test mules have been beaten on pretty good. Reserve judgment till there are 40 of 'em in the hands of tube pulling wallys.

Lol! The ultimate tube machine with 2800 lbs of ballast, unfortunately, there is probably some truth to this.

And no worries, they will be towing the kiddos right in the fingers of the lake where all the calm water is... Would not want little Johnny to hit a wake on a tube!

• Like 2
Lol! The ultimate tube machine with 2800 lbs of ballast, unfortunately, there is probably some truth to this.And no worries, they will be towing the kiddos right in the fingers of the lake where all the calm water is... Would not want little Johnny to hit a wake on a tube!
SOME truth??  Aren't 1/2 the Malibu owners out there the same way?! So what trannies are going in the G23? Edited by Bill_AirJunky

SOME truth?? Aren't 1/2 the Malibu owners out there the same way?! So what trannies are going in the G23?

I'm Shawn and I own a Malibu and tow my 8 year old in a tube :biggrin:

Nothing wrong with a little tube action. You have to admit, nothing matches an inboard's ability to sling a tube around a corner. Lol

Edited by bamabonners

Nothing wrong with a little tube action. You have to admit, nothing matches an inboard's ability to sling a tube around a corner. Lol

I find it really amusing to pull someone in a tube behind mine if they have never experienced an inboard before, they usually start off telling me how good of a tuber they are (if there is such a thing), and usually end up calling it quits after the first good sling off! Then the tube gets put away and the real skiing starts.

When people ask me if I have a tube for my boat, I say no but my jet skis have a tube. However, I should consider bamabonners idea, make them afraid. That might be my plan this weekend. How rough is too rough when tubing females?! Hmm :whistle:

When people ask me if I have a tube for my boat, I say no but my jet skis have a tube. However, I should consider bamabonners idea, make them afraid. That might be my plan this weekend. How rough is too rough when tubing females?! Hmm :whistle:

Depends on the size of the female. The biggers ones can take rougher water.

We also pull tubes, but never in the fingers in the lake where people are trying to ski or wakeboard. That's what bothers me, have some common courteousy for others.... Usually the tubes will come out when the water gets rough. I know kids love it, but its so mindless and unathletic, drives me crazy... I always kringe when I hear the word "Tube"!

Edited by Fman

Nobody wants to tube behind my boat, I don't get it :dontknow: . I beg people to all the time :lol: .

They probably saw that "hot lap" video of your driving. Go figure. :surprised:

I'm Shawn and I own a Malibu and tow my 8 year old in a tube :biggrin:

Tubing is one thing. But the unpredictable zigzagging around the lake, with the tube tied to the tower & the ballast full, or even doing it at 12 mph where the boat kicks up a wake everyone on the lake can enjoy...... thats the guy I love.

Frankly I don't do it. I teach them to SkySki. Had them learn at 7 yrs old. And had them in my lap down to about 4 yrs old. The long term rewards are huge..... skill development, big improvement in confidence, etc.

Is no one going to touch that?

I'm going to take the high road on this comment :)

Towing my cousins a few years ago.

Edited by jetskipro550

I pull my 3 and 5 year old girls each time we go out while we are waiting for the water to settle for our late afternoon sessions. And also it helps to clear the cove of other people. Their like crap hear comes tubers. I also pull my sister inlaw into the biggest triple ups possible because its funny seeing her fly. Lol

But it would be a cold day in hell before you will ever see me on a tube

Edited by ktrent