Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Back on The Malibu Crew

Headhunter 2317

After nearly 5 years away, I am back. After having sold my Sunsetter back in 06 to a loving owner after my divorce, I could not bear to look at boats for a while. Well, the dust has settled somewhat and now it's time to start looking again. I changed my hobby from boats to Sportbikes and have been very happy on two wheels. I've moved to Knoxville, TN and as you know there are lakes everywhere up here. Even took the tour down in Vonore several years back.

I had the pleasure of meeting a lot of you down on the Brazos back in summer of 06......don't remember much about that weekend for some reason.... :)

Looking forward to browsing the galleries again and getting myself up to speed on all the new stuff out there. Plan is to find my boat between now and next spring.

Glad to be back.

Headhunter 2317

Joe

Good to see an old-timer resurface! what kind of sport bike have you been roosting? Not much bike related talk around here these days, aside from the occasional KTM goodness from Goochy.

Welcome back...

Good to see an old-timer resurface! what kind of sport bike have you been roosting? Not much bike related talk around here these days, aside from the occasional KTM goodness from Goochy.

Welcome back...

Thanks Edwin,

I bought a 2003 Honda VFR with some of the cash I got for my boat and have been hooked on them. From August of 06 through March of 2011, I put 70K miles on it. It was at that point that I said WTF and got a shiny new VFR1200. I am in HOG heaven living so close to the Smoky Mountains and the 100's of miles of beautiful roads in the surrounding area. BUT, now that I am settled again, (actually grew up here in Knoxville) my girlfriend and I have been talking about a boat. She's seen the 200 or so I had of my old one and is putting the pressure on for us to get one next spring. Wouldn't consider anything but a Malibu.

He's Back!! Good to "See" you again. I don't remember the Brazos being that foggy when you were here... :lol:

Ronnie, I think I was hammered in the bow of your boat for several hours......

All I knew is that when we were parked on the bank it was so friggin hot that you had about 3 minutes or so to kill your fresh beer from the ice until it was warm. That was my plan....

Good times...

Thanks Edwin,

I bought a 2003 Honda VFR with some of the cash I got for my boat and have been hooked on them. From August of 06 through March of 2011, I put 70K miles on it. It was at that point that I said WTF and got a shiny new VFR1200. I am in HOG heaven living so close to the Smoky Mountains and the 100's of miles of beautiful roads in the surrounding area.

Great choice of bikes, especially for the Knoxville area. I had a 97 VFR750...just about as ideal of a motorcycle as I could have asked for. Never had a single issue, plenty of useable boost on tap, comfy, decent handling, etc.

I was there.

Joe,

Good to see you on the board again.

Any interest in a 2000 WS VLX?

I will buy one from a board member if it's possible. I'd love to find the guy that bought mine. He's goes to Lake of the Ozarks. If she was still in good shape, I'd buy her back but I think this time, I'll lean more towards a V-Drive.

Welcome back and maybe we'll see you on Norris one of these days.

In the meantime, PM me if you head to Norris. I will be there with gas money, beer, and a large breasted woman to ride in the bow.

Welcome back HH!

Just to bring you up to speed on the last 5 years around here...

1. Wetsounds were cool, then it was Bullet Speakers, and now it's Exile. It'll change next year

2. We can't talk about religion or politics

3. Vendors can/can't participate..not really sure cause I didn't follow the thread too closely

4. It's no longer skiers vs. boarders. It's everyone vs. surfers...cause they are lazy (j/k)

There I think I've covered it all :rofl:

Welcome back HH!

Just to bring you up to speed on the last 5 years around here...

1. Wetsounds were cool, then it was Bullet Speakers, and now it's Exile. It'll change next year

2. We can't talk about religion or politics

3. Vendors can/can't participate..not really sure cause I didn't follow the thread too closely

4. It's no longer skiers vs. boarders. It's everyone vs. surfers...cause they are lazy (j/k)

There I think I've covered it all :rofl:

New Boss same as the Old Boss.........

• 2 weeks later...