Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

pop up ski pylon

Just bought another Bu, an 05 xti. The pop up pylon is a bi*&% to get up. I had to tap on the bottom of it with a Hammer to get it moving. Then, I almost didn't get it to lift up after it was in the up position. Is there a way to make this easier? Haven't had a lot of time to look at it, only had the boat 3 days now. could I take the bolt out of the pylon and pull it out and maybe sand on the pylon to make it smoother, or is there something else that needs to be done?

Thanks

My 04 VLX had the same problem. I first took it appart and put the Die grinder with a sand paper flapper wheel to the inside of the bushing. after an hr of trying to get some clearance I quit. called the dealer. It is known problem. stopped by and picked up a new bushing updated with additional factory inside diameter and it works good now. no binding.

My 04 VLX had the same problem. I first took it appart and put the Die grinder with a sand paper flapper wheel to the inside of the bushing. after an hr of trying to get some clearance I quit. called the dealer. It is known problem. stopped by and picked up a new bushing updated with additional factory inside diameter and it works good now. no binding.

Thanks, might have to see if I can find one.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem when I bought my '04 Sunscape. Previous owner said they never used it and it took me two days to get it out. Sanded the sleeve down with a grinder as you did and it eventually went up and down smoothly but sometimes it is still a bit tight depending on the temperature. Did they replace it under any kind of recall or warranty or did you have to pay for the new bushing? If so how much?