Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

98 Flightcraft OB cable/throttle info?

I have a 98 Flightcraft Outboard. It came with the teleflex MV-2 throttle control. They are obsolete and I would like to relace it but I can't get a definitive answer on which model to use. The choices seem to be the CP2200P or MV-3. There also seems to be several models of each to make things more complicated. The CH2200P LOOKS closer to the MV-2 but the MV-3 seems like a better choice according to the literature I found online. I would also like to replace both cables. So can anyone help me with the cable lengths for this boat and which specific throttle I should go with? The cables leave the throttle and go towards the front of the boat and then down the center under the floor to the rear.

Thanks, John

Are you looking for a throttle, or the cables? Unless you need to leave the throttle alone. The cables are standard Morse (Teleflex) cables, available from your local dealer. (Any Merc outboard dealer for that matter)

Peter

Are you looking for a throttle, or the cables? Unless you need to leave the throttle alone. The cables are standard Morse (Teleflex) cables, available from your local dealer. (Any Merc outboard dealer for that matter)

Peter

I do need to replace both. As far as the cables, I was looking if anyone knew the length. Since it goes through a tunnel, I can't get an accurate measurment. There are no markings on the cables that I can find.

My cheat sheet shows 16' for all of them, assuming the sheet is correct.

If you happen to be near your boat, I could really use the length from bow roller to the rear of the trailer bunks.

Thanks,

Peter