Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

canadian edition...serious....MALIBU GET REAL PLS!

malibu.c.c

2013 XSTAR ..NEW NAUTIQUE..CANDIAN EDITION MALIBU........

TIME TO BRING OUT A BOAT WITH NOTHING IN COMMON THEN VLX AND LSV !!!

The mxz is a nice boat ..too similar to lsv in looks ..except pickfork.. YES GREAT ROUGH WATER RIDING AND WAKE ABIT BIGGER THEN VLX..we want more !!!!!!!

You need something with a huge ballast system,bigger wedge,..new interior colours(bright ,modern colours) ,new exterior colours,

maybe even a power tower as its a pain to lift and lower tower everytime for garage...

You need a flag ship that puts the xstar and new nautique to shame !!

For me malibu is second to none !!

But they need one bad looking boat ,no more ballast bags were tired, look at all the threads for setting up bags...

or at least a plug and play to malibu line to make our life easy !!

interior wise learn from mastercraft ..as much as i hate those boats..and more problems then they are worth ..you got to love the interior colours and stitching !!

and the seats and rear hatch seating set ups ..their wrap program is amazing !

come on malibu ..time to really kick some wake !

Mastercraft's "flagship" has become the joke of the industry. Years of development to show videos of a washed out wake and sacks laying all over the interior. And when is going to be released? How many more redesigns? Failboat.

I've crawled around the interiors of the new Mastercrafts - honestly, I like the Malibu interiors better. Malibu has a superior dash design, and I wasn't a fan of a lot of the billet they were using. Very nice boats and I would take one if given to me, but not my favorite.

For the Nautiques, I HATE a lot of their designs, from the Seadeck crap stuck all over their boats, awful dash, inset floor for driver's seat, some weird interior designs, ugly graphics, etc. G23 is a monster of a boat - but at that price point, who cares?

I would like to see Malibu do some of the rear facing seating stuff Mastercraft and Nautique are doing.

Mastercraft's "flagship" has become the joke of the industry. Years of development to show videos of a washed out wake and sacks laying all over the interior. And when is going to be released? How many more redesigns? Failboat.

I've crawled around the interiors of the new Mastercrafts - honestly, I like the Malibu interiors better. Malibu has a superior dash design, and I wasn't a fan of a lot of the billet they were using. Very nice boats and I would take one if given to me, but not my favorite.

For the Nautiques, I HATE a lot of their designs, from the Seadeck crap stuck all over their boats, awful dash, inset floor for driver's seat, some weird interior designs, ugly graphics, etc. G23 is a monster of a boat - but at that price point, who cares?

I would like to see Malibu do some of the rear facing seating stuff Mastercraft and Nautique are doing.

I agree with this statement. At the spring boat shows I attended, I was amazed at how cheap the interior of a new MC or Nautique appeared and felt when compared to the new Malibu. I too like the idea of rear facing seating however when it comes to quality and luxury, you simply can't beat the Malibu line.MC is simply too busy on the interior and nautique seems cheap. Thin padding, seadeck stickers, etc. This is JMO but it's how I see it.

The mxz is a nice boat ..too similar to lsv in looks ..except pickfork.. YES GREAT ROUGH WATER RIDING AND WAKE ABIT BIGGER THEN VLX..we want more !!!!!!!

You need something with a huge ballast system,bigger wedge,..new interior colours(bright ,modern colours) ,new exterior colours,

maybe even a power tower as its a pain to lift and lower tower everytime for garage...

But they need one bad looking boat ,no more ballast bags were tired, look at all the threads for setting up bags...

interior wise learn from mastercraft ..as much as i hate those boats..and more problems then they are worth ..you got to love the interior colours and stitching !!

At first I thought this was a troll posting, then I looked at their post count. Every brand could use a change or two, Malibu included. What I do like about BU's in general is they are not trying to throw the Hail Mary to regain market share. They slowly improve the product they have with the right amount of "bling" to keep up with the other two of the "top 3". What year of VLX, or LSV for that matter uses bags for ballast? Mine has hard tanks and I believe the Axis does too (not including the plug and play). As far as the interiors go, it's a fad that will pass. The day glow orange and lime green are cool for what they are, but those colors will fall from grace like they they did once before in the 1980's, see:Bodyglove.

As far a wraps go, probably not a passing fad like the current color schemes. With the repo vinyl that has been developed the past 10 years it is here to stay. But tell me, what percentage of boats have wraps on them ( I bet it's less than 5%) and why would you pay 80k+ and then wrap the boat? Maybe Malibu's R&D department has done their homework and understands that crazy colors, hacked up interiors, over the top bling (see MC power tower) and silly wraps don't appeal to the large percentage of buyers.

If I had to buy again, it would be a used BU or an new MB. IMO the pricing is out of control and most of the "new innovations" are not needed for a great day on the lake.

My .02

• Like 2

^Have to agree the pricing is out of control, the boats have been going up in price for a fair while now and the price of used boats is not falling enough to match up.

In regards to the OP, I think maybe you should get serious? The canadian edition Malibu was a dealer wrapped boat for a boat show, not factory from Malibu.

Your post reads like a serious troll. Malibu doesn't need to capture any more of tha market share, the boats are respected, and have been for some time as excellent competition wake makers from factory.

With the possibility of a wake surf centric boat next year, the only thing I would like to see change in the new malibus is the location of the maliview touch screen, I for one am not a fan.

First Im sitting under an umbrella on the coast in the very southern tip of Texas, almost in Mexico! Gota love that!All valid points and a great topic for different view points.Nonetheless, JTech points to me are spot on. I went from a 99 VLX to my current 2011 VLX for the defined looks the withstand the current fads! IMO, Malibu says classic wakeboat, attention to detail without being over the top. A comment the was made to me last weekend when the family was on the lake was..."man that boat just withstands time". To me thats Malibu, nice wakes, classic design yet pushing the envelope just enough. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by srintx

Mastercraft's "flagship" has become the joke of the industry.

:plus1:

The X Star is a joke these days. They're obnoxious, gaudy, status symbols filled with crap nobody needs. Power Tower? Really? That thing is ugly. A dash that powers up and down every time you turn the key? Please. The lines of that boat? Gross. The overblown interior? Ugh. To be honest, you couldn't pay me to drive the new XStar. I'll stick with my meager little Vride, thanks.

• Like 1

^Have to agree the pricing is out of control, the boats have been going up in price for a fair while now and the price of used boats is not falling enough to match up.

In regards to the OP, I think maybe you should get serious? The canadian edition Malibu was a dealer wrapped boat for a boat show, not factory from Malibu.

Your post reads like a serious troll. Malibu doesn't need to capture any more of tha market share, the boats are respected, and have been for some time as excellent competition wake makers from factory.

With the possibility of a wake surf centric boat next year, the only thing I would like to see change in the new malibus is the location of the maliview touch screen, I for one am not a fan.

The Canadian Edition was produced by Malibu and not any individual Dealer. It was a Special Edition VLX... Not a New Model.... The MXZ I think is a nice step in the right direction... I am never going to pay $145K for a G23 or a New X-Star and the VLX and LSV have more than enough space for my family and I enjoy the both the Surf wakes and the Wakeboarding wakes they produce...

Last Weekend I got to take a Nautique 210 Byerly Edition for a Test. The Byerly Edition is a Really nice 210... It had the PCM 409 HP and had Tons of Power. It handled like a Direct Drive and the build quality of the Nautique was absolutely fantastic. It was a beautiful boat. However it lacked the storage of a Malibu and the room for adding large sacs in the rear compartment was not there.. We still surfed the boat with quite a bit of Extra weight and the Regular side wave was really nice with a lot of Push to it. It was no Tsunami but the amount of push the hull created made up for the lack of size. I Loved teh Dash layout with just the screen. It was a very comfortable "sports car like" seating position and was a well thought out boat. The Hydro Gate worked quite well at what it was designed to do.

I Still prefer the VALUE of a VLX.

What I heard is that the Canadian edition was developed because Wizard Lake Marine in Alberta Canada sold more Malibu's than any American Malibu dealer, and they are in freezing temperatures for more than six months a year. So yeah, they are serious. Edited by Vettesetter Z06

Vettesetter, Malibu CC is actually from Europe. Greece if I remember correctly. So the rest of the comments towards the Americans is unfounded.

Vettesetter, Malibu CC is actually from Europe. Greece if I remember correctly. So the rest of the comments towards the Americans is unfounded.

Thank you for enlightening me on that, I get a little carried away sometimes :usa:

Please no wraps or orange/green vinyl. Maybe I was born in the wrong decade but I wish all boats still came like did in the 90's (maybe 80's as well) give me one or two gel coat colors on it, the company logo in the center in a white or black depending on the gelcoat, and an all white interior with some matching accents. No wraps, no tribal, no lime green interior.

• Like 1

Thank you for enlightening me on that, I get a little carried away sometimes :usa:

man.... I missed the pre edit rant.....

Last Weekend I got to take a Nautique 210 Byerly Edition for a Test. The Byerly Edition is a Really nice 210... It had the PCM 409 HP and had Tons of Power. It handled like a Direct Drive and the build quality of the Nautique was absolutely fantastic. It was a beautiful boat.

How did it handle compared to your VLX? The VLX can turn pretty well. Did the 210 turn better? How about chop, etc.? I can understand the power, that motor is sweet!

Edited by skurfer

Guys dont get me wrong i love malibu's and will always own a malibu !

Yes malibu has hard tanks ..dont 99% of us use ballast bags??? isnt there 100's of threads here

for attaching ballasts bags??? why not have the option of plug and play like axis as well as the hard tanks??

The colours yes malibu stands the test of time ..but times do change and people like the new colours out on mastercrafts ..

it people didnt like them the new boards and bindings would not have these colors on them ..the option should be there.

The seats on the mastercraft are amazing ,lets get serious ..have you been on a 2012 x45 ,those rear hatch seats are so nice ,

and rear facing seats would look amazing..

the tower on mastercraft like or or not ..the idea of a power tower is very good ! anyone that stores a boat in a garage and needs to lower

it everytime will agree ! nautique tower horrible.. G3 tower on malibu very nice it would hurt if they made it a power tower..

The topic is to see what needs changing and maybe malibu will listen and improve on the best .

Guys dont get me wrong i love malibu's and will always own a malibu !

Yes malibu has hard tanks ..dont 99% of us use ballast bags??? isnt there 100's of threads here

for attaching ballasts bags??? why not have the option of plug and play like axis as well as the hard tanks??

I would agree here, they should come from the factory with an option for more.

The colours yes malibu stands the test of time ..but times do change and people like the new colours out on mastercrafts ..

it people didnt like them the new boards and bindings would not have these colors on them ..the option should be there.

Like others have said, not allowing the wild colors protects the brand. Most think it would enhance it, but like a lot of other top tier brands if you are looking for market share you have to expand what you do. In this case Malibu obviously feels that they don't need the crazy colors to compete.

The seats on the mastercraft are amazing ,lets get serious ..have you been on a 2012 x45 ,those rear hatch seats are so nice ,

and rear facing seats would look amazing..

What good are rear hatch seats when you are under way? Not legal to sit there under power. A rear facing seat inside the boat however would be a nice option, but the sun pad seats are like the crazy colors IMO, Pointless.

the tower on mastercraft like or or not ..the idea of a power tower is very good ! anyone that stores a boat in a garage and needs to lower

it everytime will agree ! nautique tower horrible.. G3 tower on malibu very nice it would hurt if they made it a power tower..

It would be nice to flick a switch when your backing it in to the garage, just not 10k+ extra nice. This is how they try to keep costs down, by not adding things that *most* people don't want.

The topic is to see what needs changing and maybe malibu will listen and improve on the best .

Like I said before, they all can improve. But without looking at the R&D numbers and working in the industry for 20+ years I doubt most of us have a clue how to run a profitable boat manufacturing company.

Edited by JTech

Couple of points -

- Plug 'n play is available.

- Wraps have been available through a Malibu sponsored vendor to all Malibu dealers for at least a year. http://www.mcgwraps.com/index.html

- Certain models have the rear transom seats - Wakesetter 247 LSV, MXZ -

- power acuators for the tower were looked at but the majority ruled against it. Very hard to make tight and secure, one more electric item, and while convenient for the owner, not much faster.

Peter

Guys,

Malibu will release two new models next week. With the current line of boats they have the 39 percent of the markeshare, I think thats amazing. Is the biggest company out there,

mastercraft's power tower broke at the vancouver boat show on their display model. One side would no longer go up. I'll keep the manual tower thanks

JTech talked about 'protecting the brand', which is a great point.

IMO, not offering the Power Tower is 'protecting the brand'. That thing is the very definition of gaudy/tacky/ugly. No way that thing fits with the sleek sport styling of a Malibu. Heck, the year that beast came out even our local MC dealer opted to put Samson towers on most of his boat show floor models! ..........that says something, dontcha think?

malibu02.jpg

Beautiful, affordable, timeless design. Easy to re-sell since it never goes out of style.

86ee31a80a0d02b700d7581b7502c285.jpg

Versatile boat with beautiful lines (but an ugly side-sticker and steering-wheel from Mars).

2012xstar_2.jpg

The ugliest, most overpriced thing ever put on water. Looks like a stealth bomber date raped a school bus. Probably handles about as good as its parents too.

Edited by UWSkier
  • Like 2

"If it aint broke, dont fix it."

The Wakesetter line is a pretty sweet lineup, I think they have a solid design, tower, and seating arrangement. They seem to be updating the Wakesetter lineup every year adding nice new features and correcting some of the complaints owners have from previous years. Hands down I believe the wakesetter line has one of the best out of the box wakeboard wakes, and really thats what these boats are designed for.

I am looking forward to the new releases coming this year, guessing a Surf Setter and larger MXZ? thats my guess....

Couple of points -

- Plug 'n play is available.

- Wraps have been available through a Malibu sponsored vendor to all Malibu dealers for at least a year. http://www.mcgwraps.com/index.html

- Certain models have the rear transom seats - Wakesetter 247 LSV, MXZ -

- power acuators for the tower were looked at but the majority ruled against it. Very hard to make tight and secure, one more electric item, and while convenient for the owner, not much faster.

Peter

Peter you say Plug and Play is available?? The op said why is it not available on Malibu as it is on Azis? So I am confused cause it is not available on Malibus yet, just the Axis line...