Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bottom wax

Hey guys been doing some homework on waxes for my below the waterline. I have a rent on the water but not enough depth for boat lift so I leave my bu in for a few days and have to take her out to clean the slime off. I know she is old but its one of the nicest 1993's myself and many others have seen so I am nuts about keeping it that way.I have looked into mclube hullcote and a few other brands and am not sure which way to go???I live on a fresh water lake in mass and bottom paint is not a option. I know nothing keeps the slime completly off but if a week in the water without it being a mess would be a great improvement. Thanks for any input guys!!!!

I have used the meguires a few of times with good results. After reading some posts on this site i tried out the Collinite fleet wax paste. I'm happier with the results as it seems last a little longer. You really need to apply it when the temp is per manufacter guidance or it's a pain in the A to apply. I use spray wax once every couple of outings and it makes the water spots easier to wipe off.