Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Full Wrap around Seating in 98 Sunsetter VLX

waterdog

I am thinking about trying to remove the useless table behind the drivers seat in my 98 vlx and put in seating to make it a complete wrap arouund. Anybody done this already, seen it done or have any ideas?

I really don't see the use of that silly table. I would remove it if my boat had one. I asked someone, once, how you'd go about removing it and they said it was a little involved because of the way its integrated into the interior.

Mine doesn't have the table in that location, but it also doesn't have the full wrap around seating. I must say that I find that space very useful. I keep a big ice chest there sometimes if I'm bringing lots of food and beverages. It otherwise becomes a great spot to pile all of the wet gear. I'm sure I would find a use for the extra seating, but I find it useful the way it is.

I use the space for a cooler or stacking vests too, but I think I would rather have the seating. My buddy has and 04 with the wraparound and I like it. Right now the only thing that stupid table does is get in the way. I removed the table last summer for awhile and put an ice chest there. It worked well for a cheap solution, but I know a couple of my boating guests butt would have preferred a little more cushion and a little less movement. I think I can make a pretty cool wraparound look with a hidden cooler for a few hundred bucks.

I am thinking about trying to remove the useless table behind the drivers seat in my 98 vlx and put in seating to make it a complete wrap arouund. Anybody done this already, seen it done or have any ideas?

Just un-screw the thing and put it up in the attic. I think the table idea sounded good in the marketing meeting but it's doubtful that anyone sets out a tray of finger sandwiches and hors' devours while wakeboarding. There's plenty of room left in that spot for a big cooler. (ballast)

I must be one of the few people that actually like that table. We use ours all the time. I should say not as much since we now eat lunches on the houseboat and the kids have grown and aren't on the Malibu with us all the time.

I've looked under the table and it looks like it would be fairly easy to remove. The only real problem is extending the seating and making it look like the existing seats. maybe bringing the boat to a good marina appolstery place would be the best way to get a good match.

I must be one of the few people that actually like that table. We use ours all the time.

Ok, your boat will be the Hors' Devours boat!

Edited by Texasguy

I must be one of the few people that actually like that table. We use ours all the time.

Ok, your boat will be the Hors' Devours boat!

Not a problem! We also serve Jello shots and Bocce Balls. Crazy.gifYahoo.gif

Are you going to introduce us to Bocce Balls this summer?

Back away slowly...one of those, tasted so good can't believe I drank so many last night...someone hand me a bloody mary

Edited by RiverRunner

All right I guess I do have to admit I have used my table a few times. I do you recall a few sunny afternoons playing quarters, cards or dice in which the table was handy. I'm sure I have set a sun tan oil bottle and a beverage on it many times. I think there has probably even been some sort of food set on it on occasion. All in all I know I would prefer it to be extra seating. I figure if there is more seating in my boat thats a possibility of one more lady on board maybe even two. For that I'll set my sandwich on the floor!!

I will post some pics when I get this project going.

WaterDog,

You'll owe me a beer for this one.

There's a guy on here named "skobi1" He did a swivel seat mod. to his boat.

He's on WakeBoarder.com also and looking at the pics. of the driver seat, I can see that he built a seat behind the driver just like you want. Drop him a line.

Here's the W.B. thread. You might have to log in as a member to see the pics.

http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.ph...ght=swivel+seat

Here's the pic. just in case.

post-29-1139537102_thumb.jpg

ok, what is a bocce ball, and how do you make it?

2 shots Citrus Vodka

2 shots Amaretto

1 shot Orange Juice

1 shot Pineapple Juice

mix in a shaker with chipped ice.

Pour in shot glasses and enjoy

Beer.gif

Mmmmm, jello shots, yummmmm. Are you going to introduce us to Bocce Balls this summer?

I thought we made some for everybody last Wow. We'll have to make sure, we'll make some this year.

ok, what is a bocce ball, and how do you make it?

2 shots Citrus Vodka

2 shots Amaretto

1 shot Orange Juice

1 shot Pineapple Juice

mix in a shaker with chipped ice.

Pour in shot glasses and enjoy

Beer.gif

Mmmmm, jello shots, yummmmm. Are you going to introduce us to Bocce Balls this summer?

I thought we made some for everybody last Wow. We'll have to make sure, we'll make some this year.

Nope, after the jello shots they were finished...lol

I had a '99SLXI (I'know-different application but..) I put a 70 QT Igloo marine cooler in that spot with 2 Igloo ice chest keepers. It was plenty big and worked well as a seat if needed. They also make seat cushins that snap in place for them (marine coolers) also.

Just a short term idea.....

Pat