Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extereme trailer - diamond plate replacement?

mofaster

Hey everyone, lost one of the diamond plates off my trailer this weekend. Looked around the launch ramp, road, no luck. The area where it came off looks rusty, so maybe some water got under and was trapped, etc...not sure. The trailer only sees the water at launch/trailering time, so its not sitting in the water for any length of time.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get some replacement to match? I haven't contacted Extereme yet, maybe that should be my first step.

Thanks in advance!

Judging by your avatar you have an approx. 06 boat?

Back in those days Extreme had a sort of a recall on the diamond plate b/c it was only siliconed down.

I remember a lot of people getting their diamond plate replaced under this mini-recall.

Call Extreme and mention that you heard about a bunch of people getting their's replaced.

Good luck with Extreme.

I've lost a couple of them too. Actually found the pieces though. I sanded & repainted the spot on the trailer & then reattached them using Liquid Nails marine adhesive.

It's called "5 bar diamond plate" & available thru many metal supply houses. I had a couple of pieces cut to install on top of the fenders. I think I paid about $25 each. I found it locally in Spokane so I imagine you'd be able to find it in AZ too. You could make a cardboard template & have replacements cut. Or it cuts pretty easily with a bandsaw or jigsaw.

You could reattach them using screws or rivits too. Just be sure you account for the tires hitting the fenders on the piece above the tires.

diamondplate1Large.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Thanks all, I aprpeciate it. I think I'm going the BAJ route and just finding some diamond plate (thanks for the info on that) and making a template. I do some crewing for a professional race team out of Georgia and at the race shope there are a ton of fab machines there. There is computer laser water jet cutters, etc, so I think I might get some diamond plate and have "Malibu" cut out inside...should looks sweet! If it comes out good, maybe I can offer some up here for other members...