Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel line to tank barb loose.

Does anyone know if there are heavy duty hose clamps that I can get my 1/2" fuel line securely attached to the barbed fitting from the tank? This barbed fitting fits very loose to the standard 1/2" fuel line. I can get it tight enough to not leak but it will some times strip the 3/4" hose clamp trying to secure it tight enough. All the other fittings to the filter and pump fit more snugly and are no problem to get sealed. I have checked auto parts stores and they only have the standard hose clamps like I am now using.

I would look at changing the fitting but also look at the hose to see if for some reason it is stretched a bit adn if so, snip off the end to see if it fits better. If under pressure you certainly don't want it to come off while running.

Edited by Woodski

Hose is new, just some of Malibu quality building practices. The barbed fitting is definitely a bit undersized for the 1/2" I.D. fuel lines used. Noticed it last year when I replaced my lines. Been able to keep it leak free but just barely. Looking for a more rugged clamp to give me a bit of insurance. Will look into these. oetiker clamp. Thanks Pete.

If it's gotta be dead nuts tight, you're never gonna take it off, it's gotta be a stainless oetiker clamp.

Looks good now if I can find just 1 or 2 and not have to buy the whole kit. The kit is a little spendy for only needing to tighten 1 hose.

I would look at changing the fitting but also look at the hose to see if for some reason it is stretched a bit adn if so, snip off the end to see if it fits better. If under pressure you certainly don't want it to come off while running.

The fitting is not that easy to change as it is the whole check valve assembly out of the tank. If I remember correctly. Not just a fitting I can unscrew and replace with a different one.

I've bought those clamps at McMaster-Carr. We used those clamps on high pressure air hose lines at GM on the assembly line. I've got them on all my aftermarket ballast lines as well. No leaks.

Dalt,

If you were anywhere near me, I'd let you have-at-it on my complete set of clamps and the special crimping tool.