Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Change oil on 05' wakesetter w/ a corvette engine

Is it really that hard to change the oil in the Corevette engine? Please tell me if there is an easier way? Boat didn't come w an owners manual.

An "easier way" than what? What have you done already?

If you are handy, changing the oil is about as easy as it can get. Warm engine up, remove the hull drain plug under engine, slide engine oil drain hose through drain hole in hull, remove oil fill cap to help vent, drain oil, put hose pack and replace plug. Put a large ziploc bag over filter to contain oil (and maybe put a pan under it in bilge as well), spin filter off, put new filter on (I lube the oil filter gasket with a little fresh oil), and fill engine with oil.

You say "corvette engine", it sounds like you might be new to malibu's. My guess is that you have a indmar monsoon motor - the most common and thats what my above directions are for. But some research on your part with be a good idea to make sure what motor you have.

Good info here:

Indmar manuals can be had here : http://www.indmar.com/service-support/manuals.aspx

:welcome:

Thank you for your advice. We are a "New" at owning a Malibu, we owned a Tige' before. It was very easy to work on. All the Mailbu owners manuals, and dealerships told us we had to pump it out. Seemed like there had to be an easier way than that.

As far as the engine it is a Corvette engine, not a Indmar Monsoon. And taking the side walls off will make it much much easier! I Thank you for your time and for giving me great tips!

That's just to speed up the gravity method. Have a pump

Great if not bring some vinyl cleaner in boat with you drink an extra coke and it's all good