Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First Sub Box build, Stereo and Led Install Complete!

old skool malibu

After many long hours and late nights I finished my first sub box build, stereo and led install. Thanks to Jeremy for answering my countless questions. I am pretty happy with the final result and learned a lot along the way!

System consists of

1 Exile Xi12d 12" sub 600 rms

1 Exile 1500.1 Amp for sub

1 Jl 600/4 HD Amp for tower 150x4 rms @ 4 ohms

1 Orion XTR 5004 for interiors 80x4 rms @ 4 ohms

4 Stock Rockford M26B interiors speakers - 75rms at 4 ohms

1 Exile ZLD

1 Prosport 20plus Battery Maintainer/ Charger

Lots of Led's

Here are some picks!!

Removed factory sub and kick pannel..here is the area I had to work with .

6889261710_0837453850_b.jpg

IMG_3549 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

First time using my router. Box made out ot 3/4 Baltic Birch.

6940164006_0240cebfb3_b.jpg

IMG_3594 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Coated box with bed liner spray

6940166272_df7e9b3489_b.jpg

IMG_3638 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Threaded binding posts

6940178220_e8499d478c_b.jpg

IMG_3643 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

6940178628_5ea5f13bc1_b.jpg

IMG_3642 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Silver metallic spray inside the box

7086254059_a482277b02_b.jpg

IMG_3648 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

7086251995_5a858b596b_b.jpg

IMG_3645 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Exile Xi12d Sub Installed

7086260367_288ebff576_b.jpg

IMG_3682 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Sub installed with custom Malibu Decal. New kick pannel and relocated heater vent and hot tube.

7255097128_32e6104886_b.jpg

IMG_3765 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Amp Rack with JL 600/4 HD to power tower speakers, Orion XTR 5004 to power interiors, and Exile 1500.1 to power Exile Xi12d sub. Prosport 20 plus battery maintainer installed as well.

7255094240_a58cc533b6_b.jpg

IMG_3761 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

IMG_3765 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

7255095898_62c8baaf04_b.jpg

IMG_3763 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Bullet Hollowpoint 770's with blue leds

7255110740_64fba43ede_b.jpg

IMG_3780 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

7255108260_f237dfe2d0_b.jpg

IMG_3778 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Stock Rockford interior speakers with led's

7255113090_46583e009a_b.jpg

IMG_3782 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Changed Wakesetter emblum lights to blue

7255114188_66fb7bb8c3_b.jpg

IMG_3784 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Custom side lit sub box with WS emblum and lights in cupholders. Exile ZLD installed on left side of dash

7255115274_8fcee1ab73_b.jpg

IMG_3785 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Blue led's in rear vents

7255104886_fde19da47b_b.jpg

IMG_3776 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

Blue led's in front vents

7255103588_6577e9342d_b.jpg

IMG_3777 by rob_pitchford, on Flickr

There is not much involved. A hook up to one of the RCA's on the Black Box plus a Sat Antenna which typically is mounted ont he bow post side just infront of the windshield.

Is the front of your sub box a false front hiding the sub box? Or is it part of your enclosure? Do you have any other pics.

Great install.

Yes its a false front. I used some brackets and mounted wood to them which allowed me an attachment point for the front. What would you like a picture showing?

Looks awesome. Where do you order the matching carpet from? From Malibu?

Did you hear the difference between side and front sub performance before you chose sub facing side? I have a 10 inch JL and I dont hear any difference facing side or front.

How do you like the Exile ZLD? Better than Wetsounds?

Looks awesome. Where do you order the matching carpet from? From Malibu?

Did you hear the difference between side and front sub performance before you chose sub facing side? I have a 10 inch JL and I dont hear any difference facing side or front.

How do you like the Exile ZLD? Better than Wetsounds?

I got the carpet for free from my dealer. When ever Axis ships their new swip platforms they wrap them in the grey Malibu carpet so I have myself a nice big piece!

I find a big difference going from the stock front facing Rockford to the side firing Exile..but not sure if thats a fair comparision.

I am really impressed so far with the Exile ZLD..great product!

Thanks for the compliments.

Hey it looks like somebody still has their Christmas lights up... :)

Sweet looking boat and setup! Where did you get your led's?

Thanks Mike. I get all my led's from Oznium. They are great to deal with.

Looks amazing as everyone else has said!!!

How did you do the LEDs in the Hollowpoints and interior speakers? They don't appear to be the standard LED rings that are out on the market. I really like how the surface of the speaker gets liteup.

Thanks Gents! Sorry Matt I never did follow up with you but the sub pounds. Jeremy helped me tune my system and using the ZLD I havent really had to touch my gains. I am only running 60% on the sub and 10-15% on the interior and towers! I dont think that thing can pound any harder without exploding the box!

Looks amazing as everyone else has said!!!

How did you do the LEDs in the Hollowpoints and interior speakers? They don't appear to be the standard LED rings that are out on the market. I really like how the surface of the speaker gets liteup.

Just used 2 small leds from oznium http://www.oznium.com/prewired-surface-mount-led

it looks like crap....

just kidding, today is opposite friday :biggrin:

I think that is the best under-helm design and set up I have ever seen. Looks better than if it was factory built by mastercraft :)

it looks like crap....

just kidding, today is opposite friday :biggrin:

I think that is the best under-helm design and set up I have ever seen. Looks better than if it was factory built by mastercraft :)

Ok thanks...I guess you like MasterRaft's stereo installs then...?

That is a sweet install and I bet the sound is outstanding. question on the air vents LED install, are you only running one light per vent and where are they located on the vent and are they stuck on the back of the vent facing inward?

Edited by CDA

Ok thanks...I guess you like MasterRaft's stereo installs then...?

I don't know who/what masterRaft is. I am assuming its a funny name for mastercraft? like masterCrap or something? No, I was being facetious about how MC has the best quality, so your install being better than "factory built by mastercraft" is supposed to be a big compliment. sorry.

anyhow, I love it. It makes me want to experiment with some LED's in my boat.

I don't know who/what masterRaft is. I am assuming its a funny name for mastercraft? like masterCrap or something? No, I was being facetious about how MC has the best quality, so your install being better than "factory built by mastercraft" is supposed to be a big compliment. sorry.

anyhow, I love it. It makes me want to experiment with some LED's in my boat.

Ok good cauz I thought my biddies Mastercraft Stereo sounds and looks like crap..not a fan.