Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Want a new colored tower for this season? Check this out!

I ran across this on the internet, dipyourcar.com, it will allow you to change the color of anything and peel it off when you are tired of seeing the color. It could easily be done on a G3 tower to change the color for the season or many years to come. Would also work on any other wakeboard tower. They spray cars, wheels, bumpers, etc....

I am considering going with a white tower for the season and might order up a few cans to try it out. You could also use this on your trailer wheels, fenders, etc... endless possibilities!

Check it out... what do you think?

http://www.dipyourca...owse?shop_param=

Here is the video on the wheel paint, would be perfect for any wakeboard tower....

http://www.dipyourca...ge/4?shop_param=

Edited by Fman

I have a friend at work that changed the whole look of his truck with this stuff. Sprayed under the body line and his bumpers to match his new black wheels.

He has driven through the car wash with it and everything! Of course he showed it to me after I got my tower all painted and put back together! :rant:

I have this on my rims and it's great stuff. I also use it On carabiners and other metal items that I don't want to scratch the boat. Really useful stuff!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have this on my rims and it's great stuff. I also use it On carabiners and other metal items that I don't want to scratch the boat. Really useful stuff!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Does it peel and chip easily? How do you think it would work for trailer fenders with people stepping on it? Changing aluminum boat wheels to black?

I used it on the brushed aluminum 20s on my Jeep. It's held up for 6 months with no chips or problems. I re-did one wheel and it peeled off with about 10 minutes of picking and pulling. I hear gasoline melts it off almost effortlessly. That might be an issue for fenders on a trailer if you ever drip while filling or from your fuel vent. As for standing on it, I think if you did 5 or 6 coats it would do the job for 2-3 seasons without any noticeable issues. At least that's the feeling I am getting from my car. I paid to have the wheels powder coated on my last car... don't think I would ever go that route again.

Here's the stock wheels on my car, sorry it's not a close up, but it's the only one I've taken of it with the black wheels....

P1070705.jpg

I think that it would work super well on a tower! The window frame might be a little tougher. Like any coating, it doesn't like to adhere thickly to sharp edges. The corners of the window frame might rub off somewhat quickly.... Might still work though.

My brother bought a used F-150 that had chrome side steps on it and used the Plasti-Dip to cover the chrome in black (truck is all black). It came out awesome and hasn't chipped at all yet. It definitely has seen some abuse on the New England roads with salt and sand flying up at it and held up through the winter, well at least whatever "winter" we had here!

• 1 month later...