Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat lost power

2008 247 lsv witth the 8.1 liter and 1275 power prop. the boat just doesn't seem to have the power it did when I first bought it used. I got it with about 30 hours and now there's a little over 100. It used to get on plane with full balllast and wedge down but now I can't have the wedge down to start and I have to put everyone up in the bow. Where should I start? Thanks

Replace the plugs, make sure you air filter is clean, make sure the throttle body isn't gummed up, fresh gasoline to name a few

How often should you replace the plugs. The transmission seems fine but I've never changed the trans fluid. Air filter is a k&n and I've never cleaned it so I'll do that. What about the fuel filter? How often should that be changed out?

I change my plugs every spring after I start it up to burn out the fogging oil of winterization. The fuel filter I change every 2-3 years depending on use (about 100 hours or so).

With only 100 hrs on engine, no basic routine maintenance part should cause an issue under normal conditions. I would look at the cap and rotor, then into fuel pressure.