Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

93 Euro runs fine at low RPM, coughing at high RPM!

Boat was intermittently missing/sputtering when cold at high RPM and would go away, gradually increaesd to now always missing /sputtering at greater then 1/3 throttle. 350 Magnum. Weber carb. Things I've done so far... Fuel is clean, have rebuilt the carb (carb was very clean), new cap, rotor, plugs, fuel water separater, plug wires are fairly new and are incorrect positions. After all that still have same issue. Getting lots of fuel into the carb, starts easy and runs nice at low rpm's, can pull a wake boarder (slow) but not a skier (fast) Help! I want to ski!!!

Shot in the dark here, coil status? Bad connection at one of the plugs(not spark)/conncectors?

Edited by Shine

My boat was doing the same thing. I emptied the water fuel seperator and it fixed it. I get water in the fuel tank through the vent line. I have to empty it once a day. You could make sure your distributor is advancing the timing properly.

until you put a fuel presure gauge on it you won't know if its getting enough fuel at your problem RPM. With all you've replaced, I would guess fuel pump if I had to. Coil is another worth betting on...

Did you clean the carb filter? Located at fuel inlet line. Are the floats free in the carb? Any issues with the choke? Does sound a lot like water in the fuel or lack of fuel pressure.

• 2 weeks later...