Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

First trip out - great, except ...

Soon2BV

We had our first outing of the season tonight and it was great to test out all of the upgrades and projects from the winter.

Seat Lifts - the extra 2" is great - no need for the bolster or a foam pad!

New speakers - the Exiles sound awesome and the three pairs are balanced well (thanks Earmark & staff)!

Remote volume control - why didn't i install this three years ago! so simple.

Floor door support - worked and nobody noticed the screws.

and the except ...

after two ski runs we were putting the skis back in the floor, and notices "a lot" of water. and it was flowing in.

a qick look in the engine area and there was about 3" of water! i quickly pulled out the plastic tub we keep in there and "climbed in". after taking out the side panel I could see water flowing - one of the hoses came loose from the oil cooler and i had a little fountain going! Luckily the tools were close by and we got it fix pretty fast and the water only got about 3" deep in the engine area. We got lucky!

All dry for the rest of the ride - but I think i will do another clamp check before heading to Dale Hollow for the weekend.

• Like 1

We had our first outing of the season tonight and it was great to test out all of the upgrades and projects from the winter.

Seat Lifts - the extra 2" is great - no need for the bolster or a foam pad!

New speakers - the Exiles sound awesome and the three pairs are balanced well (thanks Earmark & staff)!

Remote volume control - why didn't i install this three years ago! so simple.

Floor door support - worked and nobody noticed the screws.

and the except ...

after two ski runs we were putting the skis back in the floor, and notices "a lot" of water. and it was flowing in.

a qick look in the engine area and there was about 3" of water! i quickly pulled out the plastic tub we keep in there and "climbed in". after taking out the side panel I could see water flowing - one of the hoses came loose from the oil cooler and i had a little fountain going! Luckily the tools were close by and we got it fix pretty fast and the water only got about 3" deep in the engine area. We got lucky!

All dry for the rest of the ride - but I think i will do another clamp check before heading to Dale Hollow for the weekend.

Love to see that Seat lift, Have any Pic's

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35028-2-seat-lift-project/page__fromsearch__1

There are some pictures of "version 1" in this thread.

I used 2" x 2" aluminum square tube (1/8" wall). They are about 15"" long. Two holes to match the seat base holes.

For the swivel latch, I used 2" x 2" x 3" drilled to match the three screw pattern of the latch.

I have twin bucket seats and did both.

I think I figure out my issue, luckily before it happened again.

My son drove and said he thought the steering felt tight when going all the way one direction and that it would spring back. I checked it and agreed, so tonight we looked at it after coming off the lake

What we found was that the rudder arm would hit the hose that exits the impeller housing and circles around to a y fitting. It would push the hose backwards and pull it tight, and then spring back when the wheel was released.

The routing on the hose did not look right, so i kept looking at it. I believe that when I de-winterized, I must have ran the hose below the large exhaust hose, instead of above it, like it should be. I believe that is whay i had the interference - i moved the hose and all seems good.

As I think back to Tuesday night, this action is probably what pulled the upper hose loose when I was out.

Edited by Soon2BV